• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Winter Whamby 2020, a New Decade

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is why I complain. Of course I lived in CAE during this in 2018 and figured I'd never get snow holed like this again in my life. Yet just 2 years later here I sit. Just in a different location.Screenshot_20200219-141410_Messenger.jpg

What a fun forecast to make... ? but I really think frontogenesis-aided band is gonna hammer someone in NE NC somewhere. I have widespread 2-4" mainly because of the back-end band moving out of the area, but most of NC/SC border area should start with rain and sleet. Wake County gradient, as always, was the toughest to forecast. But someone above my pink dotted zone is gonna do really well along the US 64/ US 264 corridor. The whole system is moving fast enough that I can't see anything more than 8 inches in eastern NC... but we'll see!

View attachment 35641
I just happen to know someone in NE NC.......

I just happen to know someone in NE NC.......
tenor.gif

This is why I complain. Of course I lived in CAE during this in 2018 and figured I'd never get snow holed like this again in my life. Yet just 2 years later here I sit. Just in a different location.View attachment 35646
This is why I complain. Of course I lived in CAE during this in 2018 and figured I'd never get snow holed like this again in my life. Yet just 2 years later here I sit. Just in a different location.View attachment 35646

You're still in the south, so there's always a possibility to get snow-holed. I recalled in the early-January 2011 winter storm where several folks in central and Eastern NC got the shaft as the storm IIRC lost it's moisture, while many folks in the Midlands ended up anywhere between 3-7 inches of snow with a touch of sleet/freezing rain.

That giddy feeling when watches and advisories begin going out..hard to explain to a non snow goober

You're still in the south, so there's always a possibility to get snow-holed. I recalled in the early-January 2011 winter storm where several folks in central and Eastern NC got the shaft as the storm IIRC lost it's moisture, while many folks in the Midlands ended up anywhere between 3-7 inches of snow with a touch of sleet/freezing rain.
This is very true. January 2011 and December 2017 are prime examples of how central NC often doesn't jackpot when the Deep South does.

Ruh roh. Tensions rising on WxWatch’s FB page as interlopers are rustling the jimmies of the weenie masses he is relentlessly feeding.

View attachment 35656View attachment 35657
As much of a weenie forecast as that is, there's actually some indication there could be snow outside of the mountains in N GA at the middle to the end. It just rides the line with heavy precip, but that map of his is way too over the top. I'd say N Forsyth NEward or S Dawson NEward for the mix and no accumulations outside that. close.png

As much of a weenie forecast as that is, there's actually some indication there could be snow outside of the mountains in N GA at the middle to the end. It just rides the line with heavy precip, but that map of his is way too over the top. I'd say N Forsyth NEward or S Dawson NEward for the mix and no accumulations outside that. View attachment 35659
Yes, and that's actually the toned-down map of the one he had the day before. I really don't have a problem with someone having some fun with weather discussion / calls on FB but people think he's a met and are talking about canceling doctor's appointments, etc., based on what he says. That part bothers me.

Yes, and that's actually the toned-down map of the one he had the day before. I really don't have a problem with someone having some fun with weather discussion / calls on FB but people think he's a met and are talking about canceling doctor's appointments, etc., based on what he says. That part bothers me.

Anybody who believes what they read on Facebook deserves what they get

Time for happy hour. Based on the recent SREFs, the NAM should be juicy at least.

My guess is the mid-atlantic crew are licking their chops
Yeah, can almost guarantee the warming aloft continues north. Hopefully in the end, it will be far enough to take them completely out of the game!

Ruh roh. Tensions rising on WxWatch’s FB page as interlopers are rustling the jimmies of the weenie masses he is relentlessly feeding.

View attachment 35656View attachment 35657

This is why its best to be careful about what you see on facebook period, or not to get yourself absorbed in anything weather wise on facebook and do (although he could do a little more) like how my dad, and probably many others do, and mainly look at local news or the forecast you can see with a couple clicks on TWC. He turns to me if something "off" happens and I never tell him anything different from reality. I have occasionally shown him GFS "snowfall" maps to point and laugh at, but I don't swear that its true.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back