• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Winter Whamby 2020, a New Decade

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, um, RAH has to at least hoist WWAs this afternoon, right??? No way we at least don't get WAA criteria...No WFO in the SE have posted any advisories yet, though.
For the western offices, they are waiting till all 12z guidance comes in. EURO is last one to look at then some advisories will be issued.

Beautiful country

giphy.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone have any thoughts for north Georgia?

Far far North Georgia might get 1-3in from what I’ve seen. Maybe some snow showers and flurries as far south as north metro. Doesn’t looks like anything crazy to me at this point. This is a Tennessee to North Canadina storm.

Far far North Georgia might get 1-3in from what I’ve seen. Maybe some snow showers and flurries as far south as north metro. Doesn’t looks like anything crazy to me at this point. This is a Tennessee to North Canadina storm.

This image says it all for MS, AL, GA. All that warm air in TN is just brutal. Unless that changes (which is unlikely at this point) it is rain.

TN Pocket.png

But we can hug this until verification:

Atl.png

No way forecast offices don't start issuing advisories this afternoon, not a single model with non-impact winter storm

I was just thinking that...WSWatch are going to be hoisted very soon by RAH you would think. Then will it be an advisory later or a warning. The globals are 3-4"...probably can reduce that an inch or two...so 2-3" would be a good bet I would think.

This image says it all for MS, AL, GA. All that warm air in TN is just brutal. Unless that changes (which is unlikely at this point) it is rain.

View attachment 35625

But we can hug this until verification:

View attachment 35626

Yea we got ours 1st and now it’s there turn. Hopefully Alabama and South Carolina can get something in the next 3 weeks before we say hello to Sprummer.

I was just thinking that...WSWatch are going to be hoisted very soon by RAH you would think. Then will it be an advisory later or a warning. The globals are 3-4"...probably can reduce that an inch or two...so 2-3" would be a good bet I would think.
If the models hold through 0z tonight and even increase slightly I'd bet Warning just to cover the potential high end amounts..... maybe?

I have a flight Friday morning at 6 am. How likely is this to be delayed or cancelled given what we know now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back