• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Winter Whamby 2020, a New Decade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe you and Don should start a forecasting service. Weenies 'R Us

I would never let brick do that to himself. He’s grown so much over the last few years . We can’t allow him to do something like that and take 10 steps back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just think about if you would of made a map to draw that out first, you could of held that up for eternity casting dispersions upon the masses of Brick Doubters, alas you couldn't rise to the challenge.

Why would I need a map? I said exactly where I thought the zone would be for the sweet spot.

The euro skill level for this storm went over like a fart in church.. crazy the NAM and American gang of models out preformed the usual king .. must really make the euro defenders shake at night

The euro skill level for this storm went over like a fart in church.. crazy the NAM and American gang of models out preformed the usual king .. must really make the euro defenders shake at night

Defending the Euro with great honor is my pleasure. I'd never shake in the face of war with my best weather friend, the Euro.

"A chance of rain and snow before 1am, then a chance of snow. Cloudy, with a low around 27. North wind 7 to 10 mph, with gusts as high as 18 mph. Chance of precipitation is 40%. New snow accumulation of less than one inch possible."

Less than one inch? NWS RAH really seems to be thinking there will be too much rain mixed in for accumulation. Also, the chance of precipitation is probably higher than 40%.

You know how they tie people down in interrogation rooms and force them to watch something over and over until they break or believe in it? Well, I think that might be a situation we have over here. If you continually hammer home the same point over and over, eventually, they will follow. This is all part of their master plan. They will have a cult following, very soon.

3pncup.jpg

I really don’t understand why NWS RAH has totals so low in their WFO coverage area. I think they’re going to have to play catch-up big time later.

Always easier to add than to take away.
You’re right, but as things stand they’re basically forecasting a nonevent 24-30 hours before it starts. I think something like 2-4” would be more reasonable which introduces the idea of a warning criteria storm without freaking everyone out that it’s going to be a big dog, and would allow them to step back to 1-2” pretty easily.

The way they’re handling it almost reminds me of Christmas/Boxing Day 2010. But they’re the Mets, not me...

I can't wait for my hours of sleet and rain while brick gets snow!!!! It's going to be so fun watching others jackpot while I'm miserable. Is that what you are looking for brick?

It would be funny...we finally get the models to agree on shifting NW to put substantial precip over us, models all show snow/sleet but then verifies as rain. Wait...I'm getting deja vu just typing that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back