• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Winter Whamby 2020, a New Decade

Status
Not open for further replies.
If this storm happens and someone in the southeast gets a decent storm, would that still put us at more snow than a lot of the major cities in the NE and mid Atlantic? If so that’s pretty hilarious. The mood for those poor folks in there respective forums must be... testy at best.

Is there a link to any of the maps for it or can you show some?
There was a frame posted in the main thread. I haven’t looked personally yet.

p6_gz_d5_pn_078_0000-gif.35048

I love the waterfront area and Belle Isle is pretty cool.

Oh yeah. Down by the James River is really nice. They’ve cleaned it up a lot in the last 20 years. I remember in the mid and late 90’s going to Richmond Braves games (to watch Javy Lopez, Chipper, Tony Torasco etc.) and all around there was a complete dump.

As long as we get snow they can jackpot. Personally I'm not looking for a high end event just something to tell me winter still exists
It’s too bad it’s not January. One thing I don’t like about getting snow this time of year is how quickly it will be extinguished by the relatively warmer temps and sun angle after it’s over. If we only get a couple inches, it could be gone in the sunny areas by noon. :(

Oh yeah. Down by the James River is really nice. They’ve cleaned it up a lot in the last 20 years. I remember in the mid and late 90’s going to Richmond Braves games (to watch Javy Lopez, Chipper, Tony Torasco etc.) and all around there was a complete dump.

@superjames1992 I just realized something. You were probably still in diapers during the time I’m talking about. LOL. At the very least in elementary school.

@superjames1992 I just realized something. You were probably still in diapers during the time I’m talking about. LOL. At the very least in elementary school.
Haha, I was born in 1992 so quite possibly. Richmond reminds me of Durham a bit. This city used to be a dump when I was younger, but it’s changed quite a bit (granted, there are still some bad parts).

Anyways, we toss the 18z Euro, I guess? ?

Haha, I was born in 1992 so quite possibly. Richmond reminds me of Durham a bit. This city used to be a dump when I was younger, but it’s changed quite a bit (granted, there are still some bad parts).

Anyways, we toss the 18z Euro, I guess?

I used to go to Durham Bulls games at the OLD DAP. That place was sketchy as hell in the mid 90’s. Uh, I guess?

I don't know. I can't put faith in one NAM run. It's still all by itself, with some paltry ensemble support.

I still can't climb up the cliff until either the EURO climbs on board or the NAM shows about 24 hours of consistency at least.

Last edited:
I don't know. I can't put faith in one NAM run. It's still all by itself, with some paltry ensemble support.

I still can't climb up the cliff until either the EURO climbs on board or the NAM shows about 24 hours of consistency.

Canadian, ICON, and GFS are all similar to the NAM.

Yeah yikes...…speaking in definite terms like that is well stupid.....must be new to NC....

For those needing a good laugh before the 00z runs come in watch minutes 1-7 . Epic disaster by SD , Chris and myself Omgd lol this still makes me laugh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is the wamby thread so if you have a problem with a snow wennie like me crying about not having winter stop responding to my post... not everyone of us who lives in the southeast see snow every year so stop trolling

What’s a wennie?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back