• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Winter Whamby 2020, a New Decade

Status
Not open for further replies.
00Z UK is suppressed too. If the 00Z Euro comes in with another supressed run then I think this one is toast. Over a foot of snow to nothing for MBY. I should have listened to my gut on this one and not fallen for it . . . yet again.

To me, and maybe I’m an anomaly, disappointment is part of the fun. If everything always worked out then everyone’s predictions would always be right and everyone would think they’re a weather god. Failure is part of the fun. It makes victory that much sweeter! But with that said, this one’s gone. Adios. Hasta Luego. Boomshakalaka. No doubt about it. ? ?
It would be nice if one time we could just not get disappointed.

Ok @LovesSnowHatesRidges you can give this a typical dislike now.

giphy.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

giphy.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah it ain't looking good. Still time for it to come back. But we are going to have to hope that the models are in a period right now where they are under modeling the strength of the southern stream energy. That happens, so it wouldn't surprise me for that to be the case. On the other hand, every time we've even had a remote chance of this setup this season, the southern stream has gone silent. So in that regard, I'm not sure we'll see changes for the better. The pattern has just been unfavorable in every way possible this winter.

What will probably happen is that things will continue to get more and more anemic until Sunday evening or Monday morning, when models will finally start making slight shifts west and north again with the precip shield, so that we'll be squinting to see if Cape Hatteras and Myrtle Beach can eek out a flurry or sprinkle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back