• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Winter Whamby 2020, a New Decade

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m not saying it’s over. I’m just saying the models still don’t really have a clue. But I will say the Euro past history is hard to argue with. Euro been pretty spot on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We're in the Euro's wheelhouse, so we probably are going to have a good idea by the time the 12z is over on Sunday. But one thing is certain, although we're stricter than we used to be elsewhere, starting threads has nothing to do with this. I remember being a young kid that started a thread for 2/12/10 several days beforehand, I don't remember the exact date, but it was over a week before and at first I blocked off what was probably about 5 days.

Now, y'all probably recognize 2/12/10 as it was a bingo (and I posted a picture about it yesterday). Nerd time, but I started the thread that ended the snow shutout in Augusta and east on I-20 in Columbia on an old forum that's gone. Today I wouldn't do that (and I likely wouldn't have on another old forum a few years later), but most of us will attest, there are plenty of times, although most are likely a few years back, where we've tracked storms for days before and they actually came true. There is also one infamous time from back in my early times that ended up being called Voldemort as we had a massive winter storm show up and it disappeared and didn't return.

The way it’s gone so far the Euro will bring the storm back on tonight’s run just to screw with us before it loses it again tmrw.
I was just about to post the same thing. You think the Euro wants the GFS joining it's bandwagon? It enjoys screwing with Goofus's head. ?

I was just about to post the same thing. You think the Euro wants the GFS joining it's bandwagon? It enjoys screwing with Goofus's head. ?

Well it, after all, was the first model to probably catch most people's attentions on this. It'd make sense for it to "come back" soon.

Also, since it's done this as well recently, maybe the Euro won't bring back the idea of wintry until the day of the storm and then all of a sudden, some of us will be looking outside at heavy snow falling.

GFS with a wicked clipper late in the run diving due south near vertical out of the north. Pretty cool I guess
E658B3BD-A0B2-48F7-B33D-5006FD2A5A09.gif

Seems to be a common theme this winter, a couple of good runs and then everything goes back to crap salad. This upcoming Euro will tell us if the threat is real or not.

The threat of cold rain is real. Temps are marginal at best...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back