• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Winter Whamby 2020, a New Decade

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is just flat out stupid . A low pressure system tracking into Tennessee. Winter storm over NC??? I don't think so! GFS should always be taken with a grain of salt

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200124-235444.png
    Screenshot_20200124-235444.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 43
This is just flat out stupid . A low pressure system tracking into Tennessee. Winter storm over NC??? I don't think so! GFS should always be taken with a grain of salt

If you look really close I-85 north in sc gets a pretty good thump as well. But it’s a bogus run no way that would happen like that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you look really close I-85 north in sc gets a pretty good thump as well. But it’s a bogus run no way that would happen like that

I love snow so much and love seeing fantasy snowstorms , but this literally can't happen lol. It's a cutter. What we've been getting all winter long. Bogus and garbage run.

If only it was the heart of winter... Oh wait it is lol

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200125-013903.png
    Screenshot_20200125-013903.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 38
So, that big WNC phasing snowstorm that was showing up a few days ago has turned to partly cloudy skies? I’m skeptical

4e30d6bc9dd071de5972a9066d432267.jpg

CMC even try’s to bring this back late week.

Looks like the best storm for mid Atlantic and NE next week. The Upper South Mountains should get I’m the action as well.

Looks like the best storm for mid Atlantic and NE next week. The Upper South Mountains should get I’m the action as well.

Yep. Cold air is hard to find. That’s the main issues we have had all winter. Great storm tracks, plenty of moisture but no cold air. You would think we time it right at least one time before the end of winter.

Yep. Cold air is hard to find. That’s the main issues we have had all winter. Great storm tracks, plenty of moisture but no cold air. You would think we time it right at least one time before the end of winter.

Same as last winter with Miller A rain storms.

Looks like a Miller B CAD storm. Definitely possible, although usually involves mixing with ZR, IP. or RN eventually.

That literally can't happen. This model is a joke lol

It definitely can. For example, see the Miller B Snowmageddon Mk. 2 Storm from February 2010 that dropped a few inches of snow in N NC before transitioning to a cold rain.

february_5-6_2010_nc_snowmap.gif

I believe December 2002 was also a Miller B storm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back