• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Winter Whamby 2020, a New Decade

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know its still too early to make a February thread but I was thinking if I could make the thread can it be called Fab February the dark age any takers????

I propose Larry make the February thread. Last time he made a winter thread was for the December 2017 storm I believe. Also, he is bringing the coastal mojo to his area as well lol.

I propose Larry make the February thread. Last time he made a winter thread was for the December 2017 storm I believe. Also, he is bringing the coastal mojo to his area as well lol.
I agree hopefully a miracle can happen for the whole southeast if he do

That one hurt my feelings a lot. I was in 6th grade. It was like sleeting and raining all day from what I remember, then for like a brief period it switched to all snow here in Lexington and it was puking snow, then went back to sleet & rain. But youre right, just up in Fairfield county got like 3-8 inches of snow. I remember that weekend, my dad lived in Charlotte and he came and picked me up. Watching the snow banks get higher and higher on 77 was wild.

Yeah, that's how I remember it here in Columbia (ie, sleet, but mostly rain off and on throughout the day), then a brief period of light to moderate snow before it quickly went back to sleet then it was soon over.

I remember just staring at the radar that day at work and wishing somehow we could get in on the action, but knew it was gonna be all to no avail.

One of my best friends' has a sister that resides in Charlotte, and he went up there to visit her like two days after that particular storm and told me about the amounts in Rock Hill and Charlotte.

I can imagine how some folks felt in January 2011 and certainly in February of '73. Imagine if a '73 scenario took place today, as there was a sharp cutoff as well. Several folks would get banned. LOL

Hey guys I was wondering do you all think when we have a very cold December month it translate to having a cold winter in the South for January February and March

James Spann loves to say no signs of winter weather every time!!!
MESSY WEATHER NORTHWEST OF ALABAMA: Winter weather advisories and winter storms warnings cover much of the nation from West Texas to the Great Lakes as the storm system impacts that region; blizzard warnings are in effect for parts of the Dakotas and Minnesota. We should note there are no signs of “winter weather mischief” (snow, ice, etc) for Alabama through the rest of January, based on current global model output.
ON THIS DATE IN 2013: One to three inches of snow fell across the northern half of Alabama, with locally higher amounts of 4 to 5 inches also reported. Thundersnow, a very rare occurrence here in the South, was observed with the heaviest snow band as it moved across Tuscaloosa, Walker, Jefferson, and St Clair Counties. Road conditions became hazardous in areas where snow fell quickly and heavily. Icy roadways led to numerous traffic accidents in some counties, and travel came to a halt in a few locations.

James Spann loves to say no signs of winter weather every time!!!
MESSY WEATHER NORTHWEST OF ALABAMA: Winter weather advisories and winter storms warnings cover much of the nation from West Texas to the Great Lakes as the storm system impacts that region; blizzard warnings are in effect for parts of the Dakotas and Minnesota. We should note there are no signs of “winter weather mischief” (snow, ice, etc) for Alabama through the rest of January, based on current global model output.
ON THIS DATE IN 2013: One to three inches of snow fell across the northern half of Alabama, with locally higher amounts of 4 to 5 inches also reported. Thundersnow, a very rare occurrence here in the South, was observed with the heaviest snow band as it moved across Tuscaloosa, Walker, Jefferson, and St Clair Counties. Road conditions became hazardous in areas where snow fell quickly and heavily. Icy roadways led to numerous traffic accidents in some counties, and travel came to a halt in a few locations.

Dang.that was a nice look for you guys.

2013011712.gif

Welp. This doesn’t lift our spirits but never know. Miss the 70s back to back to back Sliders
c3fdd1fecf192d6a4564407726208c01.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wasn't all snow then, but January 2011 was a fascinating storm. Ended up ending with a glacier like appearance on the ground around the neighborhood and the ice pack didn't fully recede for at least a week. Fascinating.

Why can't we get another storm like that...especially if I were to be able to even relocate to an area that's further north in the state and end up seeing more snow over ice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back