• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Winter Whamby 2020, a New Decade

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm trying to get some thoughts together/ideas laid out for the last week this month for the pattern and for a winter storm. More thoughts/ideas will come to me over time. As I've been saying, I'm ALL IN during the last week for something really good! I don't want to really say too much at this time, cause of course the time range is still a ways out and things will change. But, I have a few idea's laid out. One of the things I like to do is to look for trends so far over this winter season. One of those trends is that there has been blocking over a good portion of Canada and over extreme northern sections of the US. So, it's also possible that there would be blocking over a good portion in Canada during the last week this month. This blocking would of course amplify storm systems to the south, especially when the low gains latitude.

Another trend so far this season is an active sub-tropical jet. It's looking likely that the sub-tropical jet will become less active and suppressed during the first strong cold surge next week. I'm still thinking that the sub-tropical jet will become active again during towards the last week. So, if there will be a low in the Gulf, it would probably be rich with moisture. Moisture coming from the Pacific and the Gulf. It's surely possible we're going to see a well defined strong deepening low, rich with moisture in the Gulf on the models sometime during the last week. I think we're going to have that legitimate winter storm to track within 10 days. If you have noticed any (good) trends so far this winter, please add it in.

Reactions: IWC
Dang it, was hoping it would get cold enough to kill the grass back off but this cool spell will just slow it down, was trying to hold off on buying a mower until late February but will be mowing for sure by then.

I'm trying to get some thoughts together/ideas laid out for the last week this month for the pattern and for a winter storm. More thoughts/ideas will come to me over time. As I've been saying, I'm ALL IN during the last week for something really good! I don't want to really say too much at this time, cause of course the time range is still a ways out and things will change. But, I have a few idea's laid out. One of the things I like to do is to look for trends so far over this winter season. One of those trends is that there has been blocking over a good portion of Canada and over extreme northern sections of the US. So, it's also possible that there would be blocking over a good portion in Canada during the last week this month. This blocking would of course amplify storm systems to the south, especially when the low gains latitude.

Another trend so far this season is an active sub-tropical jet. It's looking likely that the sub-tropical jet will become less active and suppressed during the first strong cold surge next week. I'm still thinking that the sub-tropical jet will become active again during towards the last week. So, if there will be a low in the Gulf, it would probably be rich with moisture. Moisture coming from the Pacific and the Gulf. It's surely possible we're going to see a well defined strong deepening low, rich with moisture in the Gulf on the models sometime during the last week. I think we're going to have that legitimate winter storm to track within 10 days. If you have noticed any (good) trends so far this winter, please add it in.
1579115690431.png

At least somebody is doing well ... could any of you imagine something like this???

Check this out!

I went there once. I stopped on one of the trails, and went to the side. My legs were extremely tired and i wanted to sit for a minute to rest. Took one step too far and went off where it was no longer packed. I sank to my waist in the snow! That just was not possibility that entered my brain.

Let's just go back to 2003 and wait for the 10 day update on TWC for updates. I think we are just pushing Mother Nature away. It's like we are that guy, trying to flirt with a girl that we like, but we are being way to aggressive, obsessive, and creepy about it. So we are just pushing her away. Lol

cf9b8686eee1041627c0a1a0a1c6843d.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A map of the areas you think will see the heaviest snow would be great... thanks.

cf9b8686eee1041627c0a1a0a1c6843d.gif

Haha, that's how everyone is going to be like if my predictions comes true. Seriously though, I get it, my predictions aren't supported by scientific evidence and don't have hard core scientific literature. Weather predictions don't always have to be backed by science.

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

Haha, that's how everyone is going to be like if my predictions comes true. Seriously though, I get it, my predictions aren't supported by scientific evidence and don't have hard core scientific literature. Weather predictions don't always have to be backed by science.

giphy.gif

That's how I do my predictions. Gold standard right there.

So I guess this is what you are talking about. This is the 12z Euro Control and I’m only posting it because times SUCK right now!

944d637e16c0363a14f51c9a09b9cbaa.gif

7cecc1f20f11d357cce0f604129249aa.jpg

So I guess this is what you are talking about. This is the 12z Euro Control and I’m only posting it because times SUCK right now!

944d637e16c0363a14f51c9a09b9cbaa.gif

7cecc1f20f11d357cce0f604129249aa.jpg

Yup, that's it! I think the low would develop sooner though. What does it look like on the early frames on the surface? I'm asking cause the snowfall output is showing snow further to the west.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back