• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Winter Weather Support Group

storm for the coastal plain at the end of the gfs
Right where we want it. Only 60 more runs to watch it go out to sea or become a cutter. Tell me again why we all like to play this "chase the snowstorm" game ..... After all these years, looks like I would have learned by now, to expect the outcome that is most obvious. It's like Occam's Razor .... the simplest solution is almost always the best. That would mean an outcome with no snow for us. See there, I have made my life a lot simpler.... lol

Have we ever had a time where the models didn’t flip flop between warm and cold, bad and good pattern? Has there every been a time when it showed cold and it just trended better and better for us and then actually happened? I just don’t get the waffling back and forth.

Very strange. Why would anyone hang it up prior to the coldest month of the winter? Still have high hopes for, at the very least mid to late January. And of course there's February too....lol.
Right? Hanging it up in December when in reality you should not even begin to expect snow in the south until the calendar flips to January. Also as far as snow not staying long when it’s February or march. It doesn’t stay around long in any month for the south the majority of the time. I got 12 inches in January 2016 and it was gone in 4 days. It’s a rare thing even in the upper south to have snow cover the ground for more than 3 days. It usually only happens if you get 2 storms within a few days of each other or if you get a lot of sleet before flipping to snow plus some very cold and cloudy days following the snow fall.

At this point after last year I've sort of given up lol, I'll be ecstatic if something does pan out snow wise but honestly it's all just meh now.

Though I hope an actual storm to track shows up because I'm really bored rn and want something exciting to pop up.

So, the Aleutian Ridge pattern that we've seen all of the last 8 winters basically is setting up for 10 days in this run. Are we really sure this is not going to be the predominate pattern this year, and the weekly pattern is going to show up in Feb? Are we sure sure? Because if this happens again, I don't think that I can bear it.

gfs-ens_z500a_nhem_65.png
val-kilmer-tombstone.gif

Did anyone in North Georgia actually get accumulations this morning or was it mainly limited to flurries/graupel?

Yes, in the Cohuttas, which is the best spot in Georgia that isn't in a CAD zone. If you have Instagram, follow "The Overlook Inn", which is a cool little B&B at 2700' on Fort Mountain.

1703889128116.png

Lol it would seem as if we don’t have anything showing under way 10 with the way it’s popping here, it might be on and off support wise but there’s a pretty decent signal showing up with the weekend storm as a whole, more then anything last year after December

Back