• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Winter Weather Support Group

RainCold this proves why u are one of the posters that I pay close attention too when it comes to reading the models, Patterns, & Future Tea Leaves.
Best post I've seen in many years not just on this board but many boards.
Thank you for your common sense and cautious realism while trying to spin it in a positive way.

I've thought this for many years.
Maybe there's something more sinister going on with our sensible weather.
Seems to me that the Earth still has plenty of cold in the Winter in the NH,
Seemingly constantly in Eurasia every single season now.

Was the Entire NH in the freezer in the 60-80's ?
I'm not sure Bc their wasn't any National 24/7 Weather stations till the Early to Mid 80's.
Even then they rarely talked about things outside of The Lower 48 or occasionally the North American continent if it was going to have downstream effects on the weather in the lower 48.

So maybe it's just the case that those years NA was very cold and Eurasia was warm.
Idk,
I've already wondered as much.
Maybe this is just a cycle.
Or maybe their is some kind of weather modification going on,
By forcing the NSJet to do things it wouldn't do otherwise.
I know I'm going to be called a Conspiracy Theorist.
I always believed that Nations Govs around the world saw value in being able to control at least certain aspects of the weather...
Including our own.
Does this mean it's definitely taking place? Of course not,
But I'm not so naive to believe that their not many trying to do so.
Btw I do whole heartily believe in Climate change.
I just thing there's more going on than meets the eye.

Here's to looking at the clown & funny faces this will cause.
I pray we all get the winterstorm of the century before this winter is over.
Rain Cold is one of the most realistic ones on here. Sure you'll probably get clown faces by the clowns for even bringing up climate change. It doesn't register to some. You know it snowed big in 2018 in Central NC so there must not be a lack of snow. Or you know it never snowed much in the 80s in south Alabama , or wherever that guy is from. So therefore it must not have snowed much up here either and our memory is just flawed and this is not new. Regardless of what the records show.

To not acknowledge that it's different, at least here in the upstate up thru CLT to RDU over the last 30 years is absurd. Whether it's just a cycle or whether the AGW crowd is right is anyone's guess. There were bad times back in the day sure. From about 1930 to 1960 winters here were pretty bad. But in that timeframe there were also several double digit years. Something we haven't seen now in 30 years.

I do notice 30 year cycles though. 1900 to 1930 was pretty good. 1930 to 1960 was bad. But no worse than now. 1960 to 1990 was awesome. So if we truly are just in a bad cycle it should go the other way soon. Actually anytime now. But I'm not holding my breath. But good luck to us all in Jan and Feb.

I've never been an avid reader, only completely read a handful of books my entire life, so can someone give me the reader's digest version of @Rain Cold posts, or cliff notes or for you youngins the spark notes? Thanks in advance ?
Once we get a good snow pack to the northwest, buckle up! Probably late January into February, which is what one would expect in a super strong Nino that's playing out exactly how super strong Ninos play out!

Rain Cold is one of the most realistic ones on here. Sure you'll probably get clown faces by the clowns for even bringing up climate change. It doesn't register to some. You know it snowed big in 2018 in Central NC so there must not be a lack of snow. Or you know it never snowed much in the 80s in south Alabama , or wherever that guy is from. So therefore it must not have snowed much up here either and our memory is just flawed and this is not new. Regardless of what the records show.

To not acknowledge that it's different, at least here in the upstate up thru CLT to RDU over the last 30 years is absurd. Whether it's just a cycle or whether the AGW crowd is right is anyone's guess. There were bad times back in the day sure. From about 1930 to 1960 winters here were pretty bad. But in that timeframe there were also several double digit years. Something we haven't seen now in 30 years.

I do notice 30 year cycles though. 1900 to 1930 was pretty good. 1930 to 1960 was bad. But no worse than now. 1960 to 1990 was awesome. So if we truly are just in a bad cycle it should go the other way soon. Actually anytime now. But I'm not holding my breath. But good luck to us all in Jan and Feb.
Here's the thing, first there's a thread about GW, second many of us labeled "deniers" in fact do not deny our current warmer climate, including RC but I'll not speak for him. There is way more to it than that. What's debatable and been debated in the appropriate thread is the cause and whether it's cyclical and the "crisis, we're all doomed" language that gets thrown around. Not too mention the insane amount of money and zany regulations surrounding it. There's tons to discuss and civilly debate but if you don't fall in line with the climate crisis crowd your a clown and a denier, kinda ridiculous but it's the state of our society these days.

Here's the thing, first there's a thread about GW, second many of us labeled "deniers" in fact do not deny our current warmer climate, including RC but I'll not speak for him. There is way more to it than that. What's debatable and been debated in the appropriate thread is the cause and whether it's cyclical and the "crisis, we're all doomed" language that gets thrown around. Not too mention the insane amount of money and zany regulations surrounding it. There's tons to discuss and civilly debate but if you don't fall in line with the climate crisis crowd your a clown and a denier, kinda ridiculous but it's the state of our society these days.
Also the evangelical media slant after every crisis weather event in this country as if we've never had any.

I've never been an avid reader, only completely read a handful of books my entire life, so can someone give me the reader's digest version of @Rain Cold posts, or cliff notes or for you youngins the spark notes? Thanks in advance ?
His post is harder to decipher than Shakespeare , no clue. Someone get a translator

Look into ChatGPT
This is what Bing AI said:
The text expresses the frustration of a snow lover in the Southeast, who thinks that the climate is warming and making snow less likely and more difficult to occur.
The text argues that the key factors for snow in the Southeast are cold air from Canada and high pressure to feed it in, not snow cover to the northwest.
The text blames the current climate cycle for creating unfavorable patterns such as western troughing, strong Pac jet, bad MJO, PNA, and NAO phases, and weak strat.
The text acknowledges that there may be some exceptions and anomalies, but they are rare and hard to predict.
The text hopes for a well-timed event to hit the average, and says that El Ninos offer the highest probabilities for snowfall in the Southeast.
The text admits that there is a lot of uncertainty and complexity in the weather and climate, and urges to keep learning and hoping for better winters.

I understand that. I'll try to keep the climate change talk to a minimum. My intention has never been to push AGW. That's mainly why I've stayed out of that thread. I think both sides push their agenda too much. My honest opinion is it's probably a combination of natural cycles which have been sped up by us. But that's as far as I'll go. When I said climate change earlier this week I wasn't referring to AGW. I was mainly referring to the current 30 year cycle we use and how it's warmer and less snowy than when I was young. And seeing some try to use a single snowfall here and there to disprove that, or use a climate that has always been relatively snowless 300 miles south of here to try and prove a point kind of did get annoying. I guess some assumed I was pushing AGW which I wasn't. My apologies. We all need some snow to settle people down ??

I understand that. I'll try to keep the climate change talk to a minimum. My intention has never been to push AGW. That's mainly why I've stayed out of that thread. I think both sides push their agenda too much. My honest opinion is it's probably a combination of natural cycles which have been sped up by us. But that's as far as I'll go. When I said climate change earlier this week I wasn't referring to AGW. I was mainly referring to the current 30 year cycle we use and how it's warmer and less snowy than when I was young. And seeing some try to use a single snowfall here and there to disprove that, or use a climate that has always been relatively snowless 300 miles south of here to try and prove a point kind of did get annoying. I guess some assumed I was pushing AGW which I wasn't. My apologies. We all need some snow to settle people down ??
Agreed

I wasn't expecting much pushback on climate change,
I figured me insinuating that HAARP or some Gov program of that ilk,
From around the world could have effects on how the NJS has acted since the 90's might get the ? faces.
????
I didn't realize that AGW was more divisive than Paranormal weather Conspiracies...
What can I say,
I'm an old Art Bell fan from the Early 90's through the 2010's...
I'm awaiting the ? faces from some of our relocated brethren in Iowa...
???
Btw I tend to agree that it's a combination of all the above.
It's just hard to not notice,
Just how extremely cold Eurasia gets and seemingly stays.
So it can't just be one thing,
Otherwise their wouldn't be such a large area of extreme cold every year in Eurasia.
?

I wasn't expecting much pushback on climate change,
I figured me insinuating that HAARP or some Gov program of that ilk,
From around the world could have effects on how the NJS has acted since the 90's might get the ? faces.
????
I didn't realize that AGW was more divisive than Paranormal weather Conspiracies...
What can I say,
I'm an old Art Bell fan from the Early 90's through the 2010's...
I'm awaiting the ? faces from some of our relocated brethren in Iowa...
???
Btw I tend to agree that it's a combination of all the above.
It's just hard to not notice,
Just how extremely cold Eurasia gets and seemingly stays.
So it can't just be one thing,
Otherwise their wouldn't be such a large area of extreme cold every year in Eurasia.
?
So are we to believe the extreme (BN?) cold in Eurasia is due to AGW? It's just that for them it brings more cold winters? That's bizarre

How quickly we forget the Arctic front last year. In my 35 years I had never seen a front like that. We had a flash freeze in like a half hour

Or February 2021. Okay this one may not have been anything in the SE but out here it was as cold as the legendary cold outbreaks way back in the day

So are we to believe the extreme (BN?) cold in Eurasia is due to AGW? It's just that for them it brings more cold winters? That's bizarre

No
I believe there's a plethora of things that's so astronomically high,
We just don't have the computing power to even get close to understanding what's causing all of this,
Nothing wrong in trial and error but as we all know it's not an exact science.

I think someone gets off on pointing out anything and everything that is negative with regards to getting snow here.
There’s line 6 of them. They get anti-snow boners in their grandmas basement, in between playing Pokémon go

Back