• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Winter Weather Support Group

AMWX isn't a bad place at all. Some of the moderation is a bit strict and there's a couple haters on there. People come here for it being more relaxed I spose'.
And some real weenies. Ji is my favorite. He lives near where i grew up...LOL.. If he isn't getting at least 20 inches, he's not happy.:)

I hear people saying we may not have any opportunity for snow until Late Jan. So for the I-20 corridor and points south, that gives us maybe a 2 week window where we could score. Once it's Feb 15 you can pretty much rule out any chance of snow even in the best winters.

I hear people saying we may not have any opportunity for snow until Late Jan. So for the I-20 corridor and points south, that gives us maybe a 2 week window where we could score. Once it's Feb 15 you can pretty much rule out any chance of snow even in the best winters.
Correct

I hear people saying we may not have any opportunity for snow until Late Jan. So for the I-20 corridor and points south, that gives us maybe a 2 week window where we could score.

I'm willing to bet the first couple weeks of March will be viable too. Too far out to know much with certainty though.

lol its been like 10-15 years since Atlanta has had any snow in March. I have no faith in March or the second half of February.

I think March 2 of 2010, which if I am not mistaken was an El Nino

lol its been like 10-15 years since Atlanta has had any snow in March. I have no faith in March or the second half of February.
I have no faith in any accumulating snow anywhere around here ever. Our climate is so far removed from that, we basically have the climate of Macon or Montgomery, and even that might be a stretch, at least during the winter months. Summer has remained fairly constant.

I have no faith in any accumulating snow anywhere around here ever. Our climate is so far removed from that, we basically have the climate of Macon or Montgomery, and even that might be a stretch, at least during the winter months. Summer has remained fairly constant.
I'm pretty sure that Atlanta's winter climate is now similar to what Central or South GA was 50 years ago.

Back