• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Winter Weather Support Group

But we don't get yearly snowfall like we used to. We used to get at least a dusting every winter.
I'm joking actually. I know it doesn't snow with the frequency it used to. It appears we have a lot on here who don't agree with that though.

But the north is winning, but they must not realize it. All they do is whine and cry but the data shows the 2010s were their snowiest decade. Man it must suck to be them.

I'm joking actually. I know it doesn't snow with the frequency it used to. It appears we have a lot on here who don't agree with that though.

But the north is winning, but they must not realize it. All they do is whine and cry but the data shows the 2010s were their snowiest decade. Man it must suck to be them.

Alabama probably had one of its best decades as well from 2009-2019.

I don't know about that them. Not even really sure about Atlanta. GSP, CLT up to RDU have had a hard time lately.
It honestly hasn’t been that bad in my area since I moved back in 2017, but the past few years have just been so abysmal it’s hard to believe anything will happen. My average here is over 3” since counting the 12” in 2017-18.

Dec 2018 and Jan 2022 was great here too. Since the winter of 18-19 I've had about 14 inches of snow. Average would be about 30 in the same timeframe. So I'm not sure you're doing anything but proving my point here. Are we really going to do this again?

I don't know about that them. Not even really sure about Atlanta. GSP, CLT up to RDU have had a hard time lately.

There were four 10 plus inch snow events(2011, 2014, 2015, 2017) one historic white Christmas, snow then subzero temps(2014), major snow in south AL(2010) in that period off the top of my head.

There were four 10 plus inch snow events(2011, 2014, 2015, 2017) one historic white Christmas, snow then subzero temps(2014), major snow in south AL(2010) in that period off the top of my head.
Awesome! I knew that area had done better than east of the mtns here recently. But I'm surprised they've had that much. Maybe we all can all finally get a big year this year.

Back