• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Winter Weather Support Group

yep!

gfs_asnow_seus_65.png
NW trend incoming in 13,12,11…….. days! ?

The golden age of the twc local forecast. Nothing like being out of school waiting for the 5 day business planner hoping to catch snow at D4 or 5 and crushing Linus and Lucy

The five-day Weather Channel forecast used to be like today's GFS 384. Snow on day five, flurries on day four, and nothing three days out.

The golden age of the twc local forecast. Nothing like being out of school waiting for the 5 day business planner hoping to catch snow at D4 or 5 and crushing Linus and Lucy

I figure they will go back to something similar eventually to drum up interest.

Reactions: SD

I always envy those who got to watch TWC at its peak greatness in the 90s. Being a 90s kid, I really didn’t watch TWC until around 2000 when I was 7/8 yrs old. Early to mid 2000s was TWC at its best for me. Watching their Hurricane Katrina coverage is my biggest childhood memory. I haven’t watched this channel in several yrs, but it seems like it’s still sliding off a cliff (according to chatter at another forum I check into) Dumbest thing they ever did was kill off their sister cable channel Weatherscan. That was your Local on the 8s 24/7 right there.

When cold?
My average high in January is 29!
Thank for the strat warning will save me! I love April snow, it’s the best! ???AFC8D777-DEDB-4265-8428-6D2F76867F6F.png

I can’t quite tell how much sarcasm has been in @KyloG ‘s post about how it’s going to snow in January and the pattern is can’t miss, but I’m starting to feel similarly. A good pattern during peak climo is setting up. The 6z GEFS was very exciting and we are starting to see some good looking surface depictions. Buckle Up!

I can’t quite tell how much sarcasm has been in @KyloG ‘s post about how it’s going to snow in January and the pattern is can’t miss, but I’m starting to feel similarly. A good pattern during peak climo is setting up. The 6z GEFS was very exciting and we are starting to see some good looking surface depictions. Buckle Up!
Kylo is definitely utilizing the reverse psychology method. Pattern does look good. It's miles better than the crap we usually spend the bulk of the winter chasing.

Kylo is definitely utilizing the reverse psychology method. Pattern does look good. It's miles better than the crap we usually spend the bulk of the winter chasing.
Definitely. It makes sense that the mid-Atlantic may cash in first with the first couple of potential systems, but it does look like the cold will even get here and meet up with a juicy Miller A storm.

0 sarcasm

I always envy those who got to watch TWC at its peak greatness in the 90s. Being a 90s kid, I really didn’t watch TWC until around 2000 when I was 7/8 yrs old. Early to mid 2000s was TWC at its best for me. Watching their Hurricane Katrina coverage is my biggest childhood memory. I haven’t watched this channel in several yrs, but it seems like it’s still sliding off a cliff (according to chatter at another forum I check into) Dumbest thing they ever did was kill off their sister cable channel Weatherscan. That was your Local on the 8s 24/7 right there.
I actually have an autographed picture of John Hope.

What was nice about the old time Weather Channel was that all of the mets knew geography as well. They didn't just mention towns or cities that were right in front of them on the map. They told you about places that weren't even shown. Nowadays half the time you will hear 'its raining in the Carolina's ' or there are storms in Illinois'. Back then you would hear 'its raining heavily from Roanoke Rapids to Rocky Mount' or there's a line of big storms from 'Rockford to Peoria'.

Back