• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Winter Weather Support Group

Man that fire out there is something else. 800 square miles

Yeah I don't think I've ever seen a fire this bad luckily it's sparsely populated but yikes

No relief in sight either actually the weekend is gonna be the same setup again dry and windy

Just wow. This is only through Sat and there's more Sat night; 7-10 feet of snow in Sierra Nevadas. I mean we would be beyond ecstatic with just one of those forecast periods and we can't even get a trace. Mather nature is so cruel.

1709137807158.png

Just wow. This is only through Sat and there's more Sat night; 7-10 feet of snow in Sierra Nevadas. I mean we would be beyond ecstatic with just one of those forecast periods and we can't even get a trace. Mather nature is so cruel.

View attachment 146932
Ive Always wondered though do people actually live here? Or is it like some of our border areas in NC/TN where its just empty peaks ?

Ive Always wondered though do people actually live here? Or is it like some of our border areas in NC/TN where its just empty peaks ?

South Lake Tahoe actually has 20k people but it's not as high as up as that forecast is. I went there in January 2020 and it barely snowed in the city once 😂 but the ski resort gondola is right next to all the tourist stuff too

The lake itself is decently populated otherwise too but again it's not nearly as high up. I drove around it then and there's a bunch of little towns

Supposedly the whole area is becoming more populated

View attachment 146932
We aren’t missing out… you are looking at a mountain top 10,000 feet up… it’s not in our climo. I never understood the jealousy of climatically favored areas. I can understand being jealous that Raleigh lucked out and Greenville didn’t but being butt hurt that DC got snow and we didn’t or even crazier that the 2 mile high peaks of the Sierra Nevada got snow and we didn’t is absurd . This isn’t aimed at you , I just thought about it and happened to be quoting you

We aren’t missing out… you are looking at a mountain top 10,000 feet up… it’s not in our climo. I never understood the jealousy of climatically favored areas. I can understand being jealous that Raleigh lucked out and Greenville didn’t but being butt hurt that DC got snow and we didn’t or even crazier that the 2 mile high peaks of the Sierra Nevada got snow and we didn’t is absurd . This isn’t aimed at you , I just thought about it and happened to be quoting you
Well the point and click says it's about 6k feet not two miles but I think you're totally missing the point. I am not saying I think we should get what they are getting; I am saying they are getting multiple feet and it just stinks we can't even see a flurry, let alone a few inches. I just want our climo but...

Back