• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Winter Weather Support Group

I want to know how is that possible out west where they have been real cold with hundreds of inches of snow and top five warmest? šŸ˜’šŸ™ƒšŸ˜³

Lmao if it's anything like Denver it was like snow one day 70 the next. They had had above normal snowfall even though you couldn't tell

The mountains were still solid when I was there though

Flip the pdo, cool the npac warm pool, flip the nao negative, get a coherent mjo wave to go past P7 lots of ways to do it and we can't.

I'll add that I'm old enough to remember when folks said the global base state was ridge west trough east
It is technically, they are warmer than us on average even in their colder years. I still remember the ā€œRidiculously Resilient Ridgeā€ out there from 2013-2016 or so. No one thought that would ever break.

It is technically, they are warmer than us on average even in their colder years. I still remember the ā€œRidiculously Resilient Ridgeā€ out there from 2013-2016 or so. No one thought that would ever break.
Youā€™re right. These things run in cycles, and always have. Eventually things will flip back to eastern troughs being dominant in the winter.

Itā€™s tough to watch it rain when just a few days ago, you were watching it rip. Itā€™s tough out here

this place is such a ghost town compared to what i thought it would be to start the month :/
Agreed. You know itā€™s been a rough winter when everyone checks out in mid February. I think everyone is pretty defeated. Winters around here are starting to feel like a one trick (January) pony.

Agreed. You know itā€™s been a rough winter when everyone checks out in mid February. I think everyone is pretty defeated. Winters around here are starting to feel like a one trick (January) pony.
i have mild hope for a march surprise but not holding my breath. i understand at this time of year my latitude gives me a significant leg up compared to the rest of the board

i have mild hope for a march surprise but not holding my breath. i understand at this time of year my latitude gives me a significant leg up compared to the rest of the board

Even out here I'm like ready to just move on. I mean there's gonna be places in this state pushing 90 today šŸ¤£

I know it can snow in March but I've seen no evidence it will yet

Guess I'm saying is how are they still considered as top 5 warmest? Interesting to me
If itā€™s cold enough in the locale, a warm winter can sometimes mean even more snow as thereā€™s more moisture in the air and itā€™s still cold enough for snow even if itā€™s warmer than average.

And insult to injury, we had a January with below average temps and above average precipitation and still couldn't mange a single flake or pellet. I don't have a clue anymore.

And insult to injury, we had a January with below average temps and above average precipitation and still couldn't mange a single flake or pellet. I don't have a clue anymore.

I mean we technically had an inch and a half here in January but the Euro at one point had 8 inches and the EPS had nearly unanimous support for at least 3-4 inches. Like I remember when you could bank on what the Euro and EPS said. Clearly those days are over

Not to mention the 2-4 inch bust 3 weeks ago when it barely even snowed a flake. That's really when I was done

I mean we technically had an inch and a half here in January but the Euro at one point had 8 inches and the EPS had nearly unanimous support for at least 3-4 inches. Like I remember when you could bank on what the Euro and EPS said. Clearly those days are over

Not to mention the 2-4 inch bust 3 weeks ago when it barely even snowed a flake. That's really when I was done
At least you saw some stuff.

Not necessarily, you did not get much at all in March 1993.

Lmao if it's anything like Denver it was like snow one day 70 the next. They had had above normal snowfall even though you couldn't tell

The mountains were still solid when I was there though
we have absolutely torched in Tennessee outside of one extremely cold week in January which was the coldest 7 day stretch in like 20 or so years. Because we got a big Snow that week most spots are above or right at average for the winter despite the heat. would you rather have one 6-12 inch snow and torch the rest of winter? Or would you rather be very cold all winter and get Nickel and dime events that resulted in no more then 2-3 inches for the winter? To me any big snow in the south east makes winter a grade of no worse then B-. Thatā€™s where Iā€™m at but if not for that 7inch snow it would be an easy F-

Whatā€™s wild Brent is that models were doing the exact opposite for my area. Gfs and euro were spitting out less then 2inches the day before and even the morning of not much. It was the biggest surplus over what the globals were showing since Iā€™ve lived here.

Back