• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Winter Weather Support Group

Yeah it was an awesome to see. Just wasn’t pitch dark as many have described. I was in full totality for 2.5-3 minutes. These are shots during full totality.
View attachment 146857View attachment 146858
Yeah I’m not really sure where the “pitch dark” idea comes from. Yes it’s dark, but there’s also some light because of the “360 degree” sunrise look that you see on the horizon in all directions… to me that was part of the uniqueness of the experience

Yeah I’m not really sure where the “pitch dark” idea comes from. Yes it’s dark, but there’s also some light because of the “360 degree” sunrise look that you see on the horizon in all directions… to me that was part of the uniqueness of the experience
I probably used the wrong words. I was aware of this eclipse happening in 2017 shortly after I moved to Tennessee in 2006. It was definitely something cool to experience in one’s own backyard as so very little people in the world will ever actually experience it. It was also late summer and the bugs were buzzing loud before the eclipse so I didn’t notice that change in sound from night time bugs. My backyard is literally forest so it’s always loud in the summer.

I probably used the wrong words. I was aware of this eclipse happening in 2017 shortly after I moved to Tennessee in 2006. It was definitely something cool to experience in one’s own backyard as so very little people in the world will ever actually experience it. It was also late summer and the bugs were buzzing loud before the eclipse so I didn’t notice that change in sound from night time bugs. My backyard is literally forest so it’s always loud in the summer.
This was a great description of what happened that day,
You didn't notice how Big Foot reacted during that Eclipse did u?
Just curious for a friend.

i will echo the people that say to seek totality. i traveled from raleigh to south of gsp for 2017 and its really the type of thing everyone needs to see at least once in their life.

it's on a monday this year. i have a bachelor party in nola that weekend- i'm planning on renting a car, staying in shreveport sunday night, driving to rural arkansas to view it, then driving to memphis that evening to fly back to richmond.

i mean do you hear that sentence. i am renting a car hungover af to drive through louisiana to do this.

^^Some light snow in Boone as well. But, it's right above freezing so very little accumulation.

Beech is another story:

Back