• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Winter Weather Support Group

In all seriousness has anyone checked in on or heard from Webb?
I think that Feb forecast was a little off. Have not heard much. He’s still doing his thing on Meta or whatever

Only reason I have is because I drove to 11k feet in Colorado 🤣

Never thought I'd be doing that when I moved to Tulsa... If next winter isn't a lot better I'm gonna seriously question things

I mean we've had back to back winters be this bad before but I don't think we've ever had three

Everyone's winter outlook was off. All the mets called for above average snowfall here because of the Nino. It was a total buat, probably the worst ever in regards to a winter outlook. What worked in the past doesn't necessarily work now.
Seasonal forecasting is hardly more accurate than a coin flip.

Seasonal forecasting is hardly more accurate than a coin flip.

Nobody ever expected the country to get flooded by endless Pacific air but it's happened before in some of the El Nino analogs so I mean shrugs

There was always a horrible analog here for this winter people just ignored it for the better ones 🤣 in fact I remember how we followed it with a really cold Halloween and we never really unfollowed it

Like I said above too we've had back to back winters be this bad before the real question is next winter

Nobody ever expected the country to get flooded by endless Pacific air but it's happened before in some of the El Nino analogs so I mean shrugs

There was always a horrible analog here for this winter people just ignored it for the better ones 🤣 in fact I remember how we followed it with a really cold Halloween and we never really unfollowed it

Like I said above too we've had back to back winters be this bad before the real question is next winter
The big thing is that we’ve got to hope that the Alaskan trough stops being so dominant in the winter. Like JB pointed out yesterday, it seems that no matter the background state were in, La Niña or El Niño, that just kills winter east of the Rockies. That was also the case in the early 90s as well.

The big thing is that we’ve got to hope that the Alaskan trough stops being so dominant in the winter. Like JB pointed out yesterday, it seems that no matter the background state were in, La Niña or El Niño, that just kills winter east of the Rockies. That was also the case in the early 90s as well.

Yup 91-92 was the bad analog here and it had been record cold at Halloween just like this yeaf and then poof for the most part. Hardly any snow that year too. It was always on the list this year with the snowier analogs but we never could get away from it and here we are...

Y’all give up too easy. Money March inbound View attachment 146886
john-candy-saying-no-vasq2qqrht3cinn9.gif

Back