• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Winter Weather Support Group

I don't like their taxes. Would be best to stay put where I'm at without the hard freezes.
The taxes are just the start. Half a million$ will barely get you a shack in socal these days. My wife’s brother is literally driving out to Nashville from California as I type. It is insanely expensive and unless you are rich it’s very hard to make a decent living. Unfortunately everyone from Cali is now moving to Nashville Texas and Florida.

The taxes are just the start. Half a million$ will barely get you a shack in socal these days. My wife’s brother is literally driving out to Nashville from California as I type. It is insanely expensive and unless you are rich it’s very hard to make a decent living. Unfortunately everyone from Cali is now moving to Nashville Texas and Florida.
This reminded me of the emoji I would add if I could. THE THROW UP ONE! 🤮🤮🤮
And don't forget GA. Ever since the influx started the usual snow went away. hmmmm. I do not blame people for fleeing but the end product of this is questionable...It's very interesting. I doubt there has ever been a time when people were moving around like they are now. It's wild.

This reminded me of the emoji I would add if I could. THE THROW UP ONE! 🤮🤮🤮
And don't forget GA. Ever since the influx started the usual snow went away. hmmmm. I do not blame people for fleeing but the end product of this is questionable...It's very interesting. I doubt there has ever been a time when people were moving around like they are now. It's wild.
As a fellow Californian I wish they’d stop coming. I’ve been out here since 2006 so I consider Tennessee my home state now. Even my little town of White House has added massive amounts of houses and apartments. I always think about the damn heat island effect as they rip out trees and add asphalt.

As a fellow Californian I wish they’d stop coming. I’ve been out here since 2006 so I consider Tennessee my home state now. Even my little town of White House has added massive amounts of houses and apartments. I always think about the damn heat island effect as they rip out trees and add asphalt.
Can’t have it both ways, you fled California no reason you shouldn’t expect your brethren to not do the same . They will keep pouring in. Idk, I’m of the opinion grass is not greener on the other side mostly … people flee states and move south because they saw a list or two saying how cheap and laid back and warm etc etc it is… in reality , your problems aren’t cured by moving states for the most part … keep the building coming, Nashville will swallow White House … not a little town anymore . The south as a whole outside of Mississippi is going to become an obese Walmart parking lot

Can’t have it both ways, you fled California no reason you shouldn’t expect your brethren to not do the same . They will keep pouring in. Idk, I’m of the opinion grass is not greener on the other side mostly … people flee states and move south because they saw a list or two saying how cheap and laid back and warm etc etc it is… in reality , your problems aren’t cured by moving states for the most part … keep the building coming, Nashville will swallow White House … not a little town anymore . The south as a whole outside of Mississippi is going to become an obese Walmart parking lot
Then move.

If our counties and cities would stop the "if we build they will come" this wouldn't be happening. They are selling us out. It's disgusting. Hopefully there will be something positive that I don't see in the end.

If our counties and cities would stop the "if we build they will come" this wouldn't be happening. They are selling us out. It's disgusting. Hopefully there will be something positive that I don't see in the end.
That’s the south, it’s our politics , most of our leaders are directly involved in real estate, construction, and development in general… it is what it is and nothing will stop it. It certainly is not sustainable and it is bankrupting… one giant Ponzi scheme . Keep ‘em coming !

Same crap happening in South Carolina and even the NRV of Virginia. Can't people be happy and just stay put? 😤

Same crap happening in South Carolina and even the NRV of Virginia. Can't people be happy and just stay put? 😤
Virginia is gorgeous, 10 million times nicer than NC. Charlottesville is a very beautiful town and built very nice . Lots of countryside, honestly VA probably has the nations prettiest country side. NC on the other hand has next to none unless you like the swamps of Hyde county.

I mean even the small towns in Virginia are built nicely

Virginia is gorgeous, 10 million times nicer than NC. Charlottesville is a very beautiful town and built very nice . Lots of countryside, honestly VA probably has the nations prettiest country side. NC on the other hand has next to none unless you like the swamps of Hyde county.

I mean even the small towns in Virginia are built nicely
Oh stop it. You are exaggerating. Virginia is nice but it's not 10 times nicer than NC.

Back