• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Winter Weather Support Group

Virginia has nice mountains but they definitely don't have nice beaches.

I took the family to VA-Beach for one night bc we were passing thru …. Maybe I’m spoiled bc I live in this bubble in Lake Norman, but I got out of the car and immediately felt unsafe. Not quite like I’m in University City/ Sugar Creek in Charlotte but yea. Ppl love NO-DA in uptown but kids who grew up here know that’s literally just a ghetto town that they put bars on top of. North Davidson Street used to be one of the most dangerous places down there now they try to act like it’s a yuppie area for transplants that don’t know what it used to be. And uptown CLT, hell no….. when I was in HS you could hangout down there at WhiskyRiver EpiCenter ect….. now the Dumbasses from Northside Overran the Bus/Subway station and shoot each other while waiting on their public transportation so bars ect got outta there during Covid

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I took the family to VA-Beach for one night bc we were passing thru …. Maybe I’m spoiled bc I live in this bubble in Lake Norman, but I got out of the car and immediately felt unsafe. Not quite like I’m in University City/ Sugar Creek in Charlotte but yea. Ppl love NO-DA in uptown but kids who grew up here know that’s literally just a ghetto town that they put bars on top of. North Davidson Street used to be one of the most dangerous places down there now they try to act like it’s a yuppie area for transplants that don’t know what it used to be. And uptown CLT, hell no….. when I was in HS you could hangout down there at WhiskyRiver EpiCenter ect….. now the Dumbasses from Northside Overran the Bus/Subway station and shoot each other while waiting on their public transportation so bars ect got outta there during Covid

Lake Norman is a dump , waste of beautiful land

You really talking ---- Lizard Lick?

Nothing pretty about a sea of cheaply built HOA controlled McMansions with poor architectural design that make African mud huts look like castles … not too mention the lack of community and culture as well as having to drive far for everything … empty and soulless place

Nothing pretty about a sea of cheaply built HOA controlled McMansions with poor architectural design that make African mud huts look like castles … not too mention the lack of community and culture as well as having to drive far for everything … empty and soulless place

Lack of Community? WGAF? Lol. I’ve lived in my neighborhood here for 2yrs and don’t even know my neighbors name. I wave when I mow the grass and that’s enough. Go Live in Mayberry if you want that 1940s stuff

Son, once the snow clears and you are able to meet your future wife I think you will enjoy it here in HOA suburbia. We can play pickle ball and eat chic fil a together as a family. Keep your head up.

Son, once the snow clears and you are able to meet your future wife I think you will enjoy it here in HOA suburbia. We can play pickle ball and eat chic fil a together as a family. Keep your head up.

Not to mention we get a nice Pool and Clubhouse with the HOA to drink our Trulys at all summer

Not to mention we get a nice Pool and Clubhouse with the HOA to drink our Trulys at all summer

Idk I went to state with those Lake Norman HOA kids. They were the ones with the business bro degrees and fraternity mindset or the girls were the ones with their buttcheeks hanging out. Lake Norman people are wild

Lack of Community? WGAF? Lol. I’ve lived in my neighborhood here for 2yrs and don’t even know my neighbors name. I wave when I mow the grass and that’s enough. Go Live in Mayberry if you want that 1940s stuff

Community is the foundation of a good life, anything else leads to depression loneliness and an inability to empathize with others

Idk how ppl live in neighborhoods. Not trying to knock you guys that are a part of suburbia but personally I wouldn’t want to do it even though I realize one day I may not have much of a choice. My house is relatively small but I wouldn’t trade the open spaces and county zoning for anything. I like being able to go outside and take a piss, shoot my guns, raise pigs and just get a breath of fresh air without wondering if it was the remnants of a hot fart my neighbor Doug shot out of his ass 60 seconds ago. I just need my space and people generally piss me off.

Back