• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Winter Weather Support Group

What’s a good place to book a room in NC on the highest peaks? It’s not for snow obviously.
Which area of NC, northern mountains or southern mountains? Mt Leconte is the highest place in the southwest region, but I believe you have to hike to it. Highlands, NC is the highest town in the southern part, but there aren't many places to stay there. So realistically, your best bet are the dumps in Maggie Valley, then drive up to the parkway to see anything, or you could head up to the northern mountains and find an AirBNB condo on Beech.

Which area of NC, northern mountains or southern mountains? Mt Leconte is the highest place in the southwest region, but I believe you have to hike to it. Highlands, NC is the highest town in the southern part, but there aren't many places to stay there. So realistically, your best bet are the dumps in Maggie Valley, then drive up to the parkway to see anything, or you could head up to the northern mountains and find an AirBNB condo on Beech.
I’ll be in the northern mountains

The 18z Euro stays east. Most of the GSP county warning area is under 1 inch of rain now.
Screw that model. I want 3 inches of rain and 40 mph wind gusts! That model is always a party pooper. Unfortunately it's hard to bet against it even if it is on its own. Exciting weather isn't exactly something we excel at back this way

Screw that model. I want 3 inches of rain and 40 mph wind gusts! That model is always a party pooper. Unfortunately it's hard to bet against it even if it is on its own. Exciting weather isn't exactly something we excel at back this way
I get practically no rain from this system if the 18z euro is right. Less than .1" total. I hate this model because it's always right at this range.

The GFS has caved to the Euro. What a joke. Congrats to the ones east. Be lucky to see showers at this point along 85 in GA and the upstate. The drought continues

Yep, this is over here. Look for exceptional drought to come in here before long. This winter and next summer will be just like 1985-1986 when we had perhaps the worst drought ever in the southeast. So much for El Nino and an above normal winter for snowfall. I'll say it now. This winter will have less wintry precip than last year.

Yep, this is over here. Look for exceptional drought to come in here before long. This winter and next summer will be just like 1985-1986 when we had perhaps the worst drought ever in the southeast. So much for El Nino and an above normal winter for snowfall. I'll say it now. This winter will have less wintry precip than last year.

Not possible here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gfs_asnow_seus_65.png

Back