• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Winter Weather Support Group

Looking down the barrel of 3 straight snowless years soon.
For Raleigh this will be back to back winters without even a trace. Last, this happened was winters of 1991, 1992 and before that, I think it was like the 40's.

We haven't ever gone 3 winters without a trace...?

_NuwrxjWcP.png

Who loves watching rain models at least that’s what it feels like

For Raleigh this will be back to back winters without even a trace. Last, this happened was winters of 1991, 1992 and before that, I think it was like the 40's.

We haven't ever gone 3 winters without a trace...?

View attachment 146197
Honestly we haven't had a decent snow in Raleigh since Dec 2018 I think. Yeah I know we had a sleet storm in Jan '22 but when was the last good coverage snow. Like 4" or more?

That's a heck of a long time

Honestly we haven't had a decent snow in Raleigh since Dec 2018 I think. Yeah I know we had a sleet storm in Jan '22 but when was the last good coverage snow. Like 4" or more?

To be honest 2018 doesn't feel like 5+ years ago but it is. We got 3 great events in the 2018 calendar year and we are paying the price...

We also had a pretty good cold snow of 2-3” in January 2022. Wasn’t a huge snow, but it was high impact because of how cold it was. More road stickage than a lot of 4-6” storms.

The algorithms can't handle the change in climate.
tenor.gif

We also had a pretty good cold snow of 2-3” in January 2022. Wasn’t a huge snow, but it was high impact because of how cold it was. More road stickage than a lot of 4-6” storms.
We did but I'm counting forward from Dec 2018 which in my mind is winter '18-'19

Back