• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Winter Weather Support Group

Yep. Before, it was a classic HP in place with a 50/50 low and cold in place with a trailing wave, which has far more breathing room. Now we are relying on a timely phase. Most likely won’t work out imo our luck is to bad for that
Yeah it’s unfortunate. NS and west coast coast are way too active. Imagine this setup with a 1041 high pressure bridge back into the Arctic. When the Sierra Nevadas are racking up feet on feet on feet 9/10 that doesn’t bode well for anyone along the east coast.

The most frustrating part for me is that this is no longer a traditional overrunning setup. And it looked so good a few days ago. The overall storm setup is not checking a lot of the boxes for me anymore
It's never easy when years it doesn't snow....and that seems to be a habit lately.

Yeah it’s unfortunate. NS and west coast coast are way too active. Imagine this setup with a 1041 high pressure bridge back into the Arctic. When the Sierra Nevadas are racking up feet on feet on feet 9/10 that doesn’t bode well for anyone along the east coast.
Yeah. At least H5 looks prettier on recent runs though I suppose. Nice to see the western ridging coming back, but me personally im starting to get beat down and starting to want spring more and more. Can’t beat days like yesterday

It's never easy when years it doesn't snow....and that seems to be a habit lately.
It has to snow though. The ingredients have been there. Just at the wrong times. And it snowed at like 9 degrees in Alabama and Mississippi this winter. And Death Valley gets snow. It can snow. It will snow again. A lot of snow

Yeah. At least H5 looks prettier on recent runs though I suppose. Nice to see the western ridging coming back, but me personally im starting to get beat down and starting to want spring more and more. Can’t beat days like yesterday
Would be nice if we can get the period just after this storm to flip to give us a decent shot into the end of February. By March 1 I’m over it.

It's just how the climate works now, especially outside the mountains in NC. The cold comes when it's dry, and then it warms up and rains, dries out and gets colder again. We just can't get the cold and precip to match up. It's been this way for the last few years, and snow chances are getting less and less. Just have to come to terms with it. We will have more severe threats in winter than winter storm threats. That's probably what we should look forward to following now instead of snow.

Just to level set for my own understanding--We are not even sure of the pattern out west in 72hrs correct? That's not very good weather modeling in my estimation

Back