• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Winter Weather Support Group

Barring some type of 1/100 miracle, February is going to be an epic bust for wintery/cold in the Southeast, not even sniffing any decent cold outbreaks or flurry chances.

Which is honestly hard to even fathom with what the weeklies/long range means were showing at the start of the month.

Barring some type of 1/100 miracle, February is going to be an epic bust for wintery/cold in the Southeast, not even sniffing any decent cold outbreaks or flurry chances.

Which is honestly hard to even fathom with what the weeklies/long range means were showing at the start of the month.
Exactly, all those weekly proggs were a shoe-in for the most part which makes this quite surprising. If it matriculates this way that is. ;)

All I know is most of the local TV mets here called for above average snow with most of it coming in January.

I know all the local TV mets here said we should get above average snow this winter because of the Nino, and I think most of them said we should get most of the snow in January. Doesn't look good so far.

All the local mets here called for above average snow this winter with most of it coming in Januray. So...

All the local mets predicted above average snow here this winter because of the Nino. What an epic bust it is going to be to get no snow at all. You really can't depend on what patterns did in the past anymore.

I don't think going two winters without wintery weather for any persons backyard is that that uncommon, but what makes this stretch so unbearable is that it has happened for a massive geographical area in the Southeast, with hardly any credible threats during that timeframe, for anyone!

Atlanta/August/GSP/Columbia/Charleston/Myrtle Beach/Charlotte/Raleigh/Greenville,NC all blanked for two consecutive years.

I think even the NC foothills have more/less been blanked as well.

I don't think going two winters without wintery weather for any persons backyard is that that uncommon, but what makes this stretch so unbearable is that it has happened for a massive geographical area in the Southeast, with hardly any credible threats during that timeframe, for anyone!

Atlanta/August/GSP/Columbia/Charleston/Myrtle Beach/Charlotte/Raleigh/Greenville,NC all blanked for two consecutive years.

I think even the NC foothills have more/less been blanked as well.
Wasn't Birmingham blanked too or did they score this winter ?

This year has absolutely sucked. Worst iv seen it as far as great patterns advertised that turn into nothing. Can someone explain to me what happened to the can’t miss pattern we were supposed to get at the end of feb? What ruined it? Were the models that wrong? They all were showing the great pattern and weren’t budging for a long time.

Pacific jet too extended
This year has absolutely sucked. Worst iv seen it as far as great patterns advertised that turn into nothing. Can someone explain to me what happened to the can’t miss pattern we were supposed to get at the end of feb? What ruined it? Were the models that wrong? They all were showing the great pattern and weren’t budging for a long time.

Back