• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Winter Weather Support Group

So we’re punting till mid January now! Good deal! I thought pattern was gonna be rockin in early Jan!?? Can’t wait for all the Grit- meters to be off the charts negative! ??

Y'all don't remember how it was warm before the second half of January 2000? Just saying. Don't stop believing.
Just a few winters ago it was one of the Warmer December’s in memory with multiple major tornado outbreaks. I believe it was in the 70s on December 31st with bad tornado outbreaks. 2 days later we had 2 inches of snow followed by 8 inches of snow on January 6th. In the south you really can’t expect much snow most years until January.

January1st 2022
IMG_4587.jpeg
January 2nd 2022
IMG_4588.jpeg
January 6th 2022
IMG_4589.jpeg

So we’re punting till mid January now! Good deal! I thought pattern was gonna be rockin in early Jan!?? Can’t wait for all the Grit- meters to be off the charts negative! ??
Awesome! So we're down to 2 weeks from mid Jan through late Jan to make something happen. Screw Feb they have been as bad as Dec for a decade now. Actually Dec has produced more snow here lately

Lmao I've only been here 2 years(my 3rd winter) but no I don't really want to live any further north and I mean we've got plenty of time left but some of these analogs are just horrible here ? and we're following a bad one since Halloween
I hear ya. Just messin with you. I have to move north myself. I won't be happy until i do.

Awesome! So we're down to 2 weeks from mid Jan through late Jan to make something happen. Screw Feb they have been as bad as Dec for a decade now. Actually Dec has produced more snow here lately
Calm down fellows it's a joke. That's why it's in the appropriate thread. But I have had more snow here in Dec than Feb since 2017. Feb has given me a whopping 2 inches since then and Dec has produced 8.

Calm down fellows it's a joke. That's why it's in the appropriate thread. But I have had more snow here in Dec than Feb since 2017. Feb has given me a whopping 2 inches since then and Dec has produced 8.
In fairness we’ve had 4 La Niña winters during that timeframe in which we shouldn’t expect much in February.

In fairness we’ve had 4 La Niña winters during that timeframe in which we shouldn’t expect much in February.
That's fair. And unfortunately we have another one likely next year. But the one weak Nino we did have that Feb was probably the warmest one we had during that stretch. Then the following Feb was probably one of the coldest in a long time west of the Apps during a Nina. For us east of the mtns that was painful. December's have been warm even during all these Ninas except for one week last year. Which is uncommon. Seems like the only month we can count on to be below average at times is Jan. This year will tell the tale if we can break the streak of bad February's

Well that's cool at least. I need to live somewhere the average is 40+.

See I think I really just need one or two good storms and I'd be good with the winter. That was the only reason I wasn't last year never got the second one ?

I don't want to live so far north that snow is no big deal either. Even here an inch or two is usually not newsworthy. We never had one big enough to really do anything last year

See I think I really just need one or two good storms and I'd be good with the winter. That was the only reason I wasn't last year never got the second one ?

I don't want to live so far north that snow is no big deal either. Even here an inch or two is usually not newsworthy
I understand. I just remember growing up and going to see family in western Pennsylvania and driving the turnpike and snow on the ground for miles and miles and some really big storms back home in northern Loudoun County Va. Nothing like snow on the ground for extended periods of time. Just a whole different vibe than down in the south.

I love when people post what used to happen after a warm December. Those don’t exist anymore. After a warm December is a warm Jan, Feb, March and April then summer starts.
Wrong sir! Around mid March when snow is not really a possibility the trough lives in the east and we're below average until May!

I understand. I just remember growing up and going to see family in western Pennsylvania and driving the turnpike and snow on the ground for miles and miles and some really big storms back home in northern Loudoun County Va. Nothing like snow on the ground for extended periods of time. Just a whole different vibe than down in the south.

Yeah and see where I've always lived there was no guarantee it would even snow.... Heck in Alabama there was no snow plows lol and I know everyone remembers 2021 but countless years in Dallas never saw one flake

Haha i remember some big snows in March! Well, not as far south as you though.
Oh they happen here too. Just in the first half of the month usually. But it has been a long time. March 93 was mid month and March 09 was like around the 1st week. Matter of fact Panovich says March 2nd is the snowiest calendar day in Charlotte. I can't remember much after mid month in my lifetim though. Oh but let's not forget March 1960 ???

Yeah and see where I've always lived there was no guarantee it would even snow.... Heck in Alabama there was no snow plows lol and I know everyone remembers 2021 but countless years in Dallas never saw one flake
Yeah i can't do that anymore. I want 4 real seasons but truly wouldn't mind if summer were the shortest of them all.:D

Oh they happen here too. Just in the first half of the month usually. But it has been a long time. March 93 was mid month and March 09 was like around the 1st week. I can't remember much after mid month in my lifetime. Oh but let's not forget March 1960 ???
It will happen again. Wait, i wasn't around in 1960...LOL

Back