• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Winter Weather Support Group

I know some people have said they will be in Florida later this month. Is the upcoming pattern the kind that could produce snow even in Florida ?

It’s so over. The good thing is you will have until about mid March to chase snow into areas above 4,500 feet. Which is a win imo. Better get to planning.

I know some people have said they will be in Florida later this month. Is the upcoming pattern the kind that could produce snow even in Florida ?
91fc31a2-63ff-4142-abfe-bc99be7e679c_text.gif

I’m slowly learning what it’s like to be in an environment where it hasn’t snowed in 2 years

I hope the mods have help wanted signs up now for the euphoria, pain, and suffering that is about to ensue in a couple weeks
1706816286368.png

Probably in my lifetime tracking snow in the southeast will be a lost art. When I’m old like Metwannabe people won’t even remember what it used to take to get snow around here. They’ll be like “Y’all really used to base your snow chances on the PNA and NAO? Lol.”

It's weird to me in 1 thread no model can be trusted past x hours in another a 324 hour mean is dead on. It can't be both ways
This is why you won’t see me in the pattern thread discussing 1100 hour model runs. 120 hour runs are trash and even when H5 means look pretty we find plenty of ways to ruin it.

Sometimes snowstorms can extend south to the Florida panhandle in boardwide events.

Back