• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Winter Weather Support Group

We have been hearing about a pattern change since mid dec and it hasnt happened yet and likely wont until late march. Dec was +4.6 and Jan +3.4. So for the first 2 months of winter its been warm. A pattern change to me means 2 full months averaging below normal and its already way too late for that to even matter. Maybe next winter jan/feb will avg below normal. Thats a pattern change

Why put long posts together with supporting data when this was the answer all along?

Put this down as another favorable look that produced no snowView attachment 144698
I bet it could have worked if we just had that ridge axis around B.C instead of central Canada although it probably would have maybe been more Miller B, the cold feed would have been better and the trough would dig further west initially allowing a classical CAD setup. This look is a more boom or bust look, meanwhile moving the ridge axis further west and entrenching at least low level cold would have at least gave us a mixed bag worse case scenario

Snowshoe's webcams have rivaled Beech's this year. It seems like it's dumping snow every other day.

I need to make it up to the slopes this year. It’s the only way I’m going to see any snow.
Conditions have been pretty good I’ll admit, definitely make it up if you can. Even Cataloochee is in great shape right now.

Been since 91/92 winters that Raleigh had back to back snowless winters. I guess we were due.

And assuming this winter is snowless RDU's 30 yr avg will drop below 5" for the first time ever....4.94". It won't be long before we are in the 3s. For reference, in 1990, our 30yr avg was over 8".
This is unfathomable to me.

Back