• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Winter Weather Support Group

What are the highest seasonal snowfall totals for RDU and CLT if anyone knows?

gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_seus_8.png

Should be a nice event for the upslope factories with some slight potential for some *unknown precip* showers to escape containment for us mortals in the piedmont- with higher latitudes favored as per usual
Has the Charlotte area ever received snow or *unknown precip* from showers breaking containment?

URGENT - WINTER WEATHER MESSAGE
National Weather Service Baltimore MD/Washington DC
232 PM EST Mon Dec 4 2023

MDZ001-VAZ503-WVZ501-505-050345-
/O.NEW.KLWX.WW.Y.0023.231205T2100Z-231206T1200Z/
Garrett-Western Highland-Western Grant-Western Pendleton-
232 PM EST Mon Dec 4 2023

...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 4 PM TUESDAY TO 7 AM
EST WEDNESDAY...

* WHAT...Snow expected, with accumulations of 3 to 6 inches.

* WHERE...In Maryland, Garrett County. In Virginia, Western
Highland County. In West Virginia, Western Grant and Western
Pendleton Counties.

* WHEN...From 4 PM Tuesday to 7 AM EST Wednesday.

* IMPACTS...Plan on slippery road conditions. The hazardous
conditions could impact the Tuesday evening and Wednesday
morning commutes.

* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...Snow may linger into the day Wednesday.

Should be accumulating snow in western NC and east TN as well. Advisories to follow more than likely.

You can tell you guys are snow starved. You better get it this year or some will need therapy.:D

You can tell you guys are snow starved. You better get it this year or some will need therapy.:D
I just want something promising. I’ve had a few decent coatings the last couple of years so not starved but hungry. The new property has an epic sledding hill and I really want to try it out.

I just want something promising. I’ve had a few decent coatings the last couple of years so not starved but hungry. The new property has an epic sledding hill and I really want to try it out.
That sounds cool. Is Lily Pond north Georgia? I really like the topography of North Georgia. Reminds me of NW Virginia. I can't take the flatlands any more.

ATL hit 70 today. 66 at CLT , 64 at RDU. 53 at Boone, 44 at Newfound Gap. 38 at Monterey and 39 at Bald Knob-Mountain Lake in Virginia. Nice gradient. Oh, and 83 at Kissimmee FL....LOL

ATL hit 70 today. 66 at CLT , 64 at RDU. 53 at Boone, 44 at Newfound Gap. 38 at Monterey and 39 at Bald Knob-Mountain Lake in Virginia. Nice gradient. Oh, and 83 at Kissimmee FL....LOL
I’m not home, but my place in the northern burbs of ATL hit 64.

That sounds cool. Is Lily Pond north Georgia? I really like the topography of North Georgia. Reminds me of NW Virginia. I can't take the flatlands any more.
It’s on NW Georgia in Gordon County. It’s all rolling hills with mountains on either horizon. I love it.

Back