• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Winter Weather Support Group

Tractor girl, don't look now, but the 18Z GFS just halved our rainfall for this next storm. Down to .65" from 1.2". Time to panic!
This is where you look at the output for the last event and see which global and high rez model was right, then go from there.

When you get past 10 days, any model is basically fantasy with the details. Of course, you can use them to help identify pattern trends. But saying that I still wanted to post the day 16 18z GFS. This would be a good look leading up to Christmas. Do I believe it, heck no. But I'm hoping this pattern look develops.

1701904982020.png

When you get past 10 days, any model is basically fantasy with the details. Of course, you can use them to help identify pattern trends. But saying that I still wanted to post the day 16 18z GFS. This would be a good look leading up to Christmas. Do I believe it, heck no. But I'm hoping this pattern look develops.

View attachment 138365

I remember when that 540 line used to always get south of CLT, ah, those were the days.

Back