• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Winter Weather Support Group

When you look at 2018 I guess we didn't suck...but dang that snow hole in central GA up into SC.

View attachment 143414
Yeh man, I basically made an oath with myself after that disaster of wiffs that i would never allow weather to control my emotions negatively again. I was outside punching air with that January 3rd miss. I was convinced that storm was going to pull a 2000 & come further Northwest than modeled but it never did (at least for South Carolina) The icing on the cake was two weeks later, when it snowed in Atlanta, warmed nosed us, then snowed in Charlotte & dumped on the triangle of NC. But anyways lol

Yeh man, I basically made an oath with myself after that disaster of wiffs that i would never allow weather to control my emotions negatively again. I was outside punching air with that January 3rd miss. I was convinced that storm was going to pull a 2000 & come further Northwest than modeled but it never did (at least for South Carolina) The icing on the cake was two weeks later, when it snowed in Atlanta, warmed nosed us, then snowed in Charlotte & dumped on the triangle of NC. But anyways lol
Epic nammingScreenshot_20240126_104428_Photos.jpg

Snowniner and Cary wx 95 are back to posting on the reg! ?
The long ranger great pattern must be going to ----! It’s their time to shine and Tennesseestorm will be here any minute and the 3 stooges party will be complete! ?

That thing was a NW trend for the ages thoughView attachment 143417

january_3-4_2018_nc_snowmap.png

? for most RDU folks.

Not trying to be "negative" but realistic here. I just seems like we have been chasing rainbows and unicorns since Dec, and now here we are at the end of Jan, and the only real chance we had didn't work out. I certainly hope that Webb is right and we have some chances in Feb but I have truly lost all confidence in Feb for winter weather, especially after Valentine's day. These have been a tough two years for us winter weather lovers.

Idk I had 3 accumulating snows in March of 2018 and that was after that Feb mega torched. I don't think we can rule March out but obviously snow on March 13th has some different issues vs snow on Jan 13
Thank you for saying this. The idea that it can’t snow in March anymore is rediculous. In March 2017 I had a 3.2” snowfall on the 13th, 2 dustings in March 2018, and then 2.6” on 4/2/2019… those were all within just the last 8 years.

But that includes when they don’t show what we want as well right??
Sure does. Only problem with that is when it shows what we don't want it has probability heavily weighted towards that being correct lol.

Thank you for saying this. The idea that it can’t snow in March anymore is rediculous. In March 2017 I had a 3.2” snowfall on the 13th, 2 dustings in March 2018, and then 2.6” on 4/2/2019… those were all within just the last 8 years.
I do agree with this. I mentioned this yesterday, but cold patterns still produce cold. Anomalously cold patterns still produce anomalous cold. June '23 was a top 10-15 coldest month on record across the Mid-Atlantic.

Screenshot 2024-01-26 at 11.32.03 AM.png

Back