• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Winter Weather Support Group

Thank you for saying this. The idea that it can’t snow in March anymore is rediculous. In March 2017 I had a 3.2” snowfall on the 13th, 2 dustings in March 2018, and then 2.6” on 4/2/2019… those were all within just the last 8 years.

Well it's not ridiculous to me, I've had zilch since 2009 IMBY. I'm sure it can snow in March, especially north of I-40 but for the CLT area I've only seen a few wet token flakes in a decade and a half in March. I think there's a reason for that.

Well it's not ridiculous to me, I've had zilch since 2009 IMBY. I'm sure it can snow in March, especially north of I-40 but for the CLT area I've only seen a few wet token flakes in a decade and a half in March. I think there's a reason for that.
Did you not get accumulating snow in March 2017 and 2018… I’m in southeastern Union County and got accumulating snowfalls both of those years. The two dustings in 2018 I thought was more up your way. I know the 4/2/2019 event I was just lucky enough to be in the very narrow stripe that really piled up in a hurry. Prior to 2017, the last time that I saw accumulating snow in March was back to back years in 2009 and 2010 when I was still living in Concord. I’m not saying it should be expected, what I’m saying is that it’s not that much less common now than it was 10 years ago.

12z GEFS had the best snow mean yet for this system. Euro shows a hit for the first time. If the EPS shows some noise then we at least have a realistic chance moving forward.

Back