• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Winter Weather Support Group

The Indian Ocean is about to lose influence completely. Might be a KW left over in the southern IO but that’s about it, all MJO forcing looks to move into the pacific, and the VP maps even show it in the general vicinity of the whem threshold, the RMM phase maps don’t tell everything and I see it posted often, but it doesn’t tell the full story. Normally when we get majority of forcing past the dateline is when good stuff starts happening so I’m shocked that we don’t have the best looks right now.
But there’s a lot of stuff weighing into the pacific jet, +EAMT/upcoming +AAM/MJO moving east, that’s a lot of momentum, maybe too much at once. This is a El Niño look though for sure, but rather a early cool season Nino look View attachment 142863View attachment 142864
Yeah even the RMM charts show are in fairly good agreement of things going low amp or even COD

Are we gonna have a big piece of the south finish BN for January or are we about to blow it in the 4th quarter again?
I’m not really sure. Does anyone have a current MTD temperature anamoly map? I can never get it to load. If I had to take guess, it’s definitely going to take a big hit next week, but then CAD areas might have the torch cut short a bit.

This literally pisses me off, as I said earlier how is it possible for LES to occur in the small ass lakes of North Texas but not off of Lake Norman which is pretty frickin big.

Is it an elevation thing, is it because the air was just THAT cold?

Weird nerd rage aside, I hope CLT doesn't make it out of the 20s Saturday. That would be cool.
I don’t think that will happen but if the winds calm early enough Saturday evening, there’s a shot at single digit lows Sunday morning. GSP has a low forecast of 13 right now but the wind not calming until later

was really hoping I’d get to hear someone say my favorite line “Cold air shouldn’t be an issue with this one.” right before getting warm nosed. Looks like I’ll have to wait til next year
I’m gonna say that here Tuesday! ?
While I’m watching rain wash my chair!
I don’t know how you go from low of -10 on Sunday night, to rain on Tuesday! ?

Back