• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Winter Weather Support Group

I was talking to my civics teacher a few years ago about American because he posted on there. He went on a rant and told our class about how much Widerman bugged him, so not everyone may have liked him.
It was frustrating because he always used logic and would generally be right.

Speaking of old Talk Weather. That’s the problem. That Rob Smith who was over in MS. Clearly he moved to Augusta and brought that damned snow shield with him.

The Rob Smith Snow Shield.

He needs to move on back to MS!

Dang you guys see that ice storm damage from northwest Oregon? That’s the real deal. I feel sorry for the people it affected but dang it’s gorgeous. I’m a sucker for a real ice storm.

Since this is a support group now, I need some help. I am responsible for the school buses for a county in north AL. We have been closed since the storm on Tuesday. Attached are some pics I took late today of some of our roads. The white in the pics is hard frozen ice in the shady areas and north facing slopes. Low tonight is 18.

Question is, based on the forecast for a high in the low 40's tomorrow with rain late, and then a low tomorrow night of 30, do y'all think the rain will help these issues tobe resolved by Friday morning?IMG_0393.JPGIMG_0391.JPGIMG_0390.JPG

Last edited:
Since this is a support group now, I need some help. I am responsible for the school buses for a county in north AL. We have been closed since the storm on Tuesday. Attached are some pics I took late today of some of our roads. The white in the pics is hard frozen ice in the shady areas and north facing slopes. Low tonight is 18.

Question is, based on the forecast for a high in the low 40's tomorrow with rain late, and then a low tomorrow night of 30, do y'all think these issues will be resolved by Friday morning?View attachment 142787
Shady areas will stay a problem. For a few days.

Question is, based on the forecast for a high in the low 40's tomorrow with rain late, and then a low tomorrow night of 30, do y'all think the rain will help these issues tobe resolved by Friday morning?View attachment 142787View attachment 142788View attachment 142789
Yikes. I'd be worried about it not raining enough or depending on how far north you are highs under performing so you are left with a slushy mess

Yikes. I'd be worried about it not raining enough or depending on how far north you are highs under performing so you are left with a slushy mess
We are obviously closed tomorrow, I am just hoping I don't have to be out and about at 3 AM on Friday checking roads.

Back