• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Winter Weather Support Group

Son's heading back to Boone to start his semester at App State. Classes this morning were moved to online so he was able to delay going back. Thinking he should still go back early this afternoon to avoid the big freeze up tonight. Me and the wife are going up tomorrow around noon.

Roads don't look too bad right now: https://www.resortcams.com/webcams/king-street-boone/

Nice pattern for a couple of weeks in 2022 and 2018 and both periods had multiple events...hopefully we see something similar come mid-Feb

View attachment 142671View attachment 142670
I think many have forgotten that period in January 202 was just a couple years ago. That was a really good period for me… three straight weekends with at least 1” of snow with some of the best sledding my kids have ever had in that first storm with the sleet that was mixed in with it.

It officially snowed in Florida this morning, and a bigger kick in the pants that most of our area has yet to see snow. So this statement is true, it's snowed more in Florida than in Charlotte the past 2 winters. Per Brad Panovich..

Who cares if it snowed in Florida before other places.

It doesn't snow in GA, SC, or NC. The sooner it's accepted, the less emotional turmoil you will endure.

Look at the bright sides; We have a long growing season to produce our own food and help our neighbors out.

OUT

Snowpack
La Nina
El Nino
NAO
Late December
Early January
Mid-January
Late January
SSW
Jet Extension
Jet Retraction
AO
SAI
SCE

+EPO
-PNA

DOUBTFUL

Lakes Low
+EAMT
-EAMT
MJO Phase 3
MJO Phase 2
-EPO
March
Cut-off Low
iPhone Snow Alerts

QUESTIONABLE

MJO Phase 8
MJO Phase 1
+PNA
Late February

PROBABLE

AVAILABLE

Early February
Mid-February

Last edited:
Who cares if it snowed in Florida before other places.

It doesn't snow in GA, SC, or NC. The sooner it's accepted, the less emotional turmoil you will endure.

Look at the bright sides; We have a long growing season to produce our own food and help our neighbors out.
At this point, FL would be getting more snow then GA, SC, and NC.

There’s talk of school cancellations here this week due to the frigid Alabama/Shreveport Arctic airmass leftovers we’ll be getting here in the Carolinas. It’s probably wise to go ahead and use the snow days up since we won’t actually need them for snow this year.

Back