• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Winter Weather Support Group

This is typical. You always have these fever pitch moments on here when a storm reserved for one specific section of the board is about to hit. Things always appear a little more gloomy for the other side than they really are.
For real, I am happy with those TN / N AL / N MS folks. I know we have a decent contingent from those parts even going back to the Talkweather days, so I’m good to see someone getting something. Almost makes it hurt worse for MBY, though.

Coolest shoes I’ve ever seen popped up in feed today! ????88A1FF44-7E4D-4890-B758-322752458FC7.jpeg069194B7-3039-4FC3-A05A-7BC7EADB50A4.jpeg015ED770-3AD3-4CF4-A640-B5B6E91AD9AA.jpeg

I can save a lot of us time. Check back in here around Feb 7th. If there’s no threats showing up in the long range that day you can go ahead and put the sleds up and start planting season.

Also, I'd be fine if we didn't rain for another month or 3. I live on sandy soil and in all my years here I don't recall it being this mushy, the water table is so high at this point. Almost a foot of rain in Dec and Jan when everything is dormant, short days, nothing to dry it up, it's a mess
Be careful might trigger @SD with that one !

This might be a stupid question and idk if you can figure it out but theoretically once this El Niño ends when should we expect to see another one? A few years?

For those curious to expected snowfall in El Nino's and what is verifying right now. Asheville average is 12.6", highly doubt anything near that.

2023-2024SnowfallProjectionMap.jpg

Back