• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Winter Weather Support Group

Wish I could do a poll. But, for you Carolina peeps (Piedmont)...would you rather
1) keep this god awful streak alive (740 plus days ) and avoid a paltry dusting.
2) or...be fine with a dusting and break this incredible record?

Wish I could do a poll. But, for you Carolina peeps (Piedmont)...would you rather
1) keep this god awful streak alive (740 plus days ) and avoid a paltry dusting.
Last year I was cool with setting a record but now I just want to see flakes fall. Now if it’s mixed trash no thanks but a 30min snow shower yes

Option 1. At this point it's a real accumulating snowfall or nothing. Doesn't have to be 6-8". A 2-3" that stays at least 24 hrs would suffice. A dusting is only going to make me mad and crave more.

Those Ninas sure did work wonders for us too. So I'm guessing La Nada is our bread and butter now?
First half of stronger ninos have been generally poor for us. I'm sure if someone went year by year an outlier or 2 could be found but the majority of data supported being near 0 on snow through 1/15. It's disappointing to miss on what really was 3 opportunities in the next 7 days but what can you do. Most stronger ninos do support opportunities in the 2nd half of winter potentially into the first half of March. If we get to 2/14 and are snow less with bad looking models yeah let's burn it down but the best part of this winter is still likely out of the windshield not in the rear view.

This winter suck hot garbage just like last year yet the same Western areas of the south continues to get the goods smh ?....we can't even buy snow in this area even if our life dependent on it I'm so ready to get this winter over with

I mean we average 9 inches a year and so far we're at 0.1 and if the airport measures more than 2 inches today I'll be shocked and there's nothing else in sight... Last winter finished with 2 inches as well. It's been rough watching it everywhere else for sure

Yeah I know we'll get a big winter here again but what decade is that

I use to love watching the possibilities of winter weather and tracking there of. However the last few years it’s not fun anymore. The disappointments are occurring more and more, starting to turn into a warminista…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It may be cold in February but with avg temps a few degrees higher a cold day in February would probably just be an average day in January. Low 50s is way below normal for highs in mid to late February.

Reactions: WSW
Does anyone remember the link that shows the last time every county was under some type of winter weather advisory?

First half of stronger ninos have been generally poor for us. I'm sure if someone went year by year an outlier or 2 could be found but the majority of data supported being near 0 on snow through 1/15. It's disappointing to miss on what really was 3 opportunities in the next 7 days but what can you do. Most stronger ninos do support opportunities in the 2nd half of winter potentially into the first half of March. If we get to 2/14 and are snow less with bad looking models yeah let's burn it down but the best part of this winter is still likely out of the windshield not in the rear view.
Absolutely it's not over by any means. I just have to get on here and vent with like minded people. My family and friends aren't weather needs and don't want to hear it so I have to turn to here. Lol But yeah it's not surprising at all to be snowless on Jan 15th in a Nino. I think the worst part is knowing Jan may be lost all together. But the GFS is still saying it's possible next weekend to avoid a Jan shutout. And I hope we do because I can't unsee and ignore my research the other day. Only once in 100 years has it gone on to reach our current average of 4.7" when being blanked through Feb 1st. That year was 92-93 and we know what storm did that. It wasn't a Nino that year. But the 4 years since 1950 that went snowless through Feb 1st that were Ninos 2 of them went on to be close to average. The other 2 well, not so much. So I'd say 50/50 of Feb ending up decent this year, but probably not above average, which is probably about the normal odds anyway. If I get time I may look up Raleigh and see if they follow the same statistics. I know CLT does. When Bullcity wx shared that stat was when I decided to look up GSP. Anyway good luck to us east of the mtns. Those west you've had yours ??

Absolutely it's not over by any means. I just have to get on here and vent with like minded people. My family and friends aren't weather needs and don't want to hear it so I have to turn to here. Lol But yeah it's not surprising at all to be snowless on Jan 15th in a Nino. I think the worst part is knowing Jan may be lost all together. But the GFS is still saying it's possible next weekend to avoid a Jan shutout. And I hope we do because I can't unsee and ignore my research the other day. Only once in 100 years has it gone on to reach our current average of 4.7" when being blanked through Feb 1st. That year was 92-93 and we know what storm did that. It wasn't a Nino that year. But the 4 years since 1950 that went snowless through Feb 1st that were Ninos 2 of them went on to be close to average. The other 2 well, not so much. So I'd say 50/50 of Feb ending up decent this year, but probably not above average, which is probably about the normal odds anyway. If I get time I may look up Raleigh and see if they follow the same statistics. I know CLT does. When Bullcity wx shared that stat was when I decided to look up GSP. Anyway good luck to us east of the mtns. Those west you've had yours ??
Same here...in fact most claim they hate snow..which i can't even comprehend. I get to complaining so much they get tired of hearing it I'm sure. They probably have thought for a long time I'm nuts.

Same here...in fact most claim they hate snow..which i can't even comprehend. I get to complaining so much they get tired of hearing it I'm sure. They probably have thought for a long time I'm nuts.
Yeah it's hard to imagine why anyone in the south would hate snow. It's so rare it's a treat and a day off work. Most people I know do like and enjoy it. They just don't care either way if it snows or not though. Now my dad hates it. And it's understandable, he was a lineman. The 90s were awful for him as it seemed ice storms knocked power out every year then.

Back