• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Winter Weather Support Group

This board seems pretty quiet considering there’s a big winter storm about to impact the south. I guess the calm before the storm.
78aa7e07-7ca6-44a5-a825-bff61a1fa0a1_text.gif

Dallas will have highs in the 20s for 3 straight days and yet Atlanta won’t even have one day with a high below freezing. I think we all need to move west where you can actually still get very cold.

This board seems pretty quiet considering there’s a big winter storm about to impact the south. I guess the calm before the storm.
I’ll just say it. Majority of us are North Georgia and east. We don’t care anything about those out in the west. We are envious and angry. At our breaking point. I wish someone could blow up the mountains.

Well from looking at the models it looks like we are getting our patented window for Raleigh to see now. Met winter might be Dec-Feb but met winter for us is a 12 day period in Feb, excluding Sundays as it never snows on Sundays. Fortunately it coincides pre-emergent time.

Screen Shot 2024-01-14 at 9.41.41 AM.png

Well from looking at the models it looks like we are getting our patented window for Raleigh to see now. Met winter might be Dec-Feb but met winter for us is a 12 day period in Feb, excluding Sundays as it never snows on Sundays. Fortunately it coincides pre-emergent time.

View attachment 142199
At least there’s one more day in February this year so maybe that will increase your snow chances ?

Well we are 7” AN past 60 days. ?‍♂️

View attachment 142194
Parts of Louisiana, Arkansas, MS, TN nearly 7” below normal on the rain gauge and here they are about to get half a foot of snow. Talk about timing the moisture with the cold. We just can’t do that over here. Might need to hang it up.

View attachment 142199
Nothing better than getting your pre em out then snow melting it in. No crabgrass :)

Dallas will have highs in the 20s for 3 straight days and yet Atlanta won’t even have one day with a high below freezing. I think we all need to move west where you can actually still get very cold.

The cold isn't that great if it doesn't snow for real though. All Dallas is gonna get is freezing rain probably

Welp, officially curtains for winter for me. Not even gonna pretend to be happy for the people getting snow.

Maybe if we torch we'll get more severe set ups, I'd rather be anxious than constantly disappointed.
I won't lie..i am happy Chattanooga looks like they will finally get one...they might be the one place that gets screwed more than I do. Other than that...its pretty sickening. The thing that pisses me off the most is it seems damn near impossible to get any high pressure in damming position unless its warm....and to me that is infuriating. We can't even get hybrid or insitu.

I wish I had meme skills because a overlay of flair flopping over our "amazing" pattern would be perfect.
Lol ne ga and the upstate won't even have 1 day...the lee side screwzone even screws us on dry days.

I feel like if I am mean, jealous, butt hurt and generally ill willed towards anybody else for getting snow when I don't, then it may keep me from getting snow when it's my turn. I never ever think it's written in stone that we in these parts will get snow every year. Sucky for sure and the models are garbage for some reason anymore IMO. Wish I had much more knowledge of details to investigate what the heck is up. Bad info put in? I don't know but I find it strange. People need to know more to prepare and not become untrusting completely. I hope everyone that is looking to get snow to my west and north gets friggin hammered!! Good luck!! 1-2021 was a super great winter storm in my area. It will come around again.

Back