• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Winter Weather Support Group

Much colder tonight than it has been recently. Mid teens to mid 20s in western Virginia.

Screenshot 2024-01-13 11.53.56 PM.png

I’m not gonna pretend like this one doesn’t hurt View attachment 142184
The models won't make you feel much better. I guess there is still some hope for the Feb 19th system. Long range is not looking so good,

6z GFS day 16:
1705235171176.png

CFS day 30:
1705235240910.png

Looks just like the last three/four years we were in a la nina. Folks are talking about us going back into a la nina next year. Maybe at the end of February into early March we get a reshuffle and something can pop (like 93).

Welp, officially curtains for winter for me. Not even gonna pretend to be happy for the people getting snow.

Maybe if we torch we'll get more severe set ups, I'd rather be anxious than constantly disappointed.
Yea this one hurts. Sickening setup that screws us in new ways

If East of the Apps sees a winter Storm this winter it will be within about a 10-14 day window in Feb. This "Arctic Push" is not even as stout as some was making it out to be. Enjoy 60 after next weekend
377c0e1d0f9b6628bcd34f36bd349e99.jpg

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk

Also, I'd be fine if we didn't rain for another month or 3. I live on sandy soil and in all my years here I don't recall it being this mushy, the water table is so high at this point. Almost a foot of rain in Dec and Jan when everything is dormant, short days, nothing to dry it up, it's a mess

If East of the Apps sees a winter Storm this winter it will be within about a 10-14 day window in Feb. This "Arctic Push" is not even as stout as some was making it out to be. Enjoy 60 after next weekend
377c0e1d0f9b6628bcd34f36bd349e99.jpg

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk
And that's perfectly fine with me. I hope it lasts the rest of the winter. I'm over it..I'd rather have a warm garbage pattern where nobody gets snow than have a cold garbage pattern where I have to watch everyone except NE GA and the Carolina's get snow. So no, anyone west of here I'm not pulling for you! You've had enough luck the last few years while we suck wind east of the Apps.

Also, I'd be fine if we didn't rain for another month or 3. I live on sandy soil and in all my years here I don't recall it being this mushy, the water table is so high at this point. Almost a foot of rain in Dec and Jan when everything is dormant, short days, nothing to dry it up, it's a mess
Well we are 7” AN past 60 days. ?‍♂️

IMG_0362.png

Back