• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Winter Weather Support Group

The key takeaway here is a west-based greenland block that retrogrades across Canada almost always pays out. This time it was for Memphis/huntsville/chattanooga.

The vortex underneath always seemed to be a little too far West in the long range runs/ensembles, so no shock the snow storm wound up happening in the western Southeast.

Seriously, when I first started coming to the weather boards it was only after reading the RAH office's forecast discussion and if they really started talking about the chance for snow or severe storms. I'm thinking it might be better to start doing that again instead of seeing the models show a threat for snow 7 or 10 days out only for it to go away as time goes along. It's a lot easier for me to handle a severe bust because we get so many severe threats year round now. But the snow threats seem less and less, making it a bigger disappointment when they don't actually come to fruition.

Seriously, when I first started coming to the weather boards it was only after reading the RAH office's forecast discussion and if they really started talking about the chance for snow or severe storms. I'm thinking it might be better to start doing that again instead of seeing the models show a threat for snow 7 or 10 days out only for it to go away as time goes along. It's a lot easier for me to handle a severe bust because we get so many severe threats year round now. But the snow threats seem less and less, making it a bigger disappointment when they don't actually come to fruition.
When I was a kid we would get 200-3848 threats a winter with about 20-60 of them coming to fruition. Those were the good ol days… I remember them well indeed

2 more weeks guys. Trust the plan
Long range forecasting has always sucked and it still does. I appreciate those who try to do it but the sad reality is that the results are no better than a coin flip imho. Maybe the real data says slightly better than that but the fact is I dont put much if any stock in it. And these days when if seems like heaven and earth have to move for us to get anything it makes it seem worse.

I’m loving the above average temps, below normal precip El Niño’s! They are great! ⛄️?

I know what you're saying. It's been a tough month for me so it would be nice to have something positive to look forward to.
I know I'd sounds bad but The only thing that has made it tolerable to me is the DC crew have been screwed for the past 2 years too. But I know its inevitable that they will soon get a foot or more and then complain they didnt get that extra foot the gfs was showing..... so I keep hoping we will score big first but of course we keep batting zero and its unlikely.

I know I'd sounds bad but The only thing that has made it tolerable to me is the DC crew have been screwed for the past 2 years too. But I know its inevitable that they will soon get a foot or two and the complain some more so I keep hoping we will score big first but of course we keep batting zero and its unlikely.
Too much hate.?

Too much hate.

giphy.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

? probably but after 25 Years of watching folks around there complain about amounts we would die for...i can't help it. ?
I know man. I'm from there and we have been really spoiled over the years with some huge snows, but last couple years have been rough. Everyone over there at americanwx says that the MA has become Charlotte or Atlanta...LOL

Back