• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Winter Weather Support Group

And I don't want to remember that one; was a total tease here in the NW corner, just like the Jan 2000 storm.

View attachment 142044

View attachment 142045
That storm was the lowest of lows for me... I was a student at Clemson and we didn't even manage an inch on the ground. literally any direction you went from my location the snow totals quickly went up by the mile.

To make matters worse I had a big test that day that I was 100% sure would be cancelled due to weather, and it wasn't.
So stayed up all night tracking weather and not studying, then got the shaft and had to go bomb a test. Then turn on the news to watch Greenville to Charlotte people play in feet of snow.

This would be an incredible and historic week for the areas from Northern MS to N Alabama through all of TN if this happens on top on next week's storm. It would be a week of legitimate winter weather, not just relative to southern standards. Hard to watch from the Carolinas and GA; makes it feel too much like Feb 21. But man, surely February gonna be our month!
Don't count on it. Most of SC gets shut out of winter again. Not 1 flake or sleet pellet for many of us. I look for February to look like they have recently. Time to start thinking about severe storms instead of snow.

It feels like it's easier for MS to get snowstorms than it is for SC. Would you agree with that ?
When you get an anomalous cold shot there is nothing in the way (mountains) delaying their cold. So a deep cold shot even with a storm that’s going to cut they can still find a way to line up some snow all the way to the gulf coast. However, when we get cold air to dig in to the east our western posters are often much warmer with a fresh blanket of rain on the ground

When you get an anomalous cold shot there is nothing in the way (mountains) delaying their cold. So a deep cold shot even with a storm that’s going to cut they can still find a way to line up some snow all the way to the gulf coast. However, when we get cold air to dig in to the east our western posters are often much warmer with a fresh blanket of rain on the ground
When

Atlanta is in the worst spot. Too far east for the cold to make it from the west and too far west for the best cold to make it from the east. I really would like to move out of this forsaken snow hole.

Looks like it might be a wrap for winter as far as I'm concerned.

Not gonna go into personal details but I'm gonna say I haven't had much things to look forward to recently so losing this really hurts, much more than it should tbh but whatever.

Back