• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Winter Weather Support Group

Richmond is such an underrated city, it ought to be booming more than Raleigh or Atlanta which are fake cities
Richmond has a lot of nice restaurants and Broad St is very cool. It has a nice vibe. Lots of people moving there from Northern Virginia because the cost of living is so much less.

I expect snowy pictures from that house ?

Dang y'all don't even average more than us apparently
If you extrapolate the usual SW/NE rain snow line we don't have a ton of leverage on y'all, especially when that line has a more northern bent. then again, it feels like i haven't sweated over a r/s line in like 7 years because of the glaring lack of them, so who am i to say
Richmond has a lot of nice restaurants and Broad St is very cool. It has a nice vibe. Lots of people moving there from Northern Virginia because the cost of living is so much less.
great city. feels like it has much more of a "sense of self" than raleigh if that makes any sense. raleigh has absolutely nothing like the fan, jackson ward, shockoe, museum district, byrd park, generally any of these areas that are steeped in history. the closest analog is oakwood, which is beautiful (i actually lived here when i lived in raleigh) but much less dense, more like bellevue or ginter park here in richmond. I rent in on literal monument avenue about a block away from where the lee statue once stood and it's always incredible to walk out the door to that. i'm miffed to be leaving but excited to not get pushed around by landlords anymore

If you extrapolate the usual SW/NE rain snow line we don't have a ton of leverage on y'all, especially when that line has a more northern bent. then again, it feels like i haven't sweated over a r/s line in like 7 years because of the glaring lack of them, so who am i to say

great city. feels like it has much more of a "sense of self" than raleigh if that makes any sense. raleigh has absolutely nothing like the fan, jackson ward, shockoe, museum district, byrd park, generally any of these areas that are steeped in history. the closest analog is oakwood, which is beautiful (i actually lived here when i lived in raleigh) but much less dense, more like bellevue or ginter park here in richmond. I rent in on literal monument avenue about a block away from where the lee statue once stood and it's always incredible to walk out the door to that. i'm miffed to be leaving but excited to not get pushed around by landlords anymore
Exactly, Raleigh is just one giant HOA with ------ grass. Hardly a city. More like a conglomeration of Karen’s.

Random , interesting fact. A high school in Dubuque, called Dubuque Senior high, was the school that the very first Heisman Trophy went . They have a replica of the Heisman in the school and a statue at the entrance of the football field! The more you know!A4CBB3C1-1BCF-4B05-B1C4-EF196B8D92C7.jpeg

Someone told me Richmond has a lot of crime.
Certainly no worse than Atlanta or Charlotte. As a state, Virginia is the only one south of the MD line consistently in the 10 lowest crime rates. Much safer than any other 'Southern' state.

Certainly no worse than Atlanta or Charlotte. As a state, Virginia is the only one south of the MD line consistently in the 10 lowest crime rates. Much safer than any other 'Southern' state.
Kentucky and Virginia are the two southern states i have seen most often among the lowest crime rates in the south.

Kentucky and Virginia are the two southern states i have seen most often among the lowest crime rates in the south.
Yeah, Virginia's is just low across the board. Always has been. Highest income in the South and highest test scores too. I should work for the chamber of commerce...LOL

Yeah, Virginia's is just low across the board. Always has been. Highest income in the South and highest test scores too. I should work for the chamber of commerce...LOL
The only thing I dont like about Virginia is it's so close to those annoying northeasterners lol.

Back