• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Winter Weather Support Group

Snow up north is like rain in the south. You see it all the time so it’s not much fun.
I have been here for 4 winters and probably 25-30 events. I track every one like it’s my first one ever ! And watch for and get excited for the first flakes EVERYTIME! So maybe it’s stupid, but whatever! People like what they like! Like the weirdo at American that loved wind! I don’t judge, but I can make wind everyday!

I have been here for 4 winters and probably 25-30 events. I track every one like it’s my first one ever ! And watch for and get excited for the first flakes EVERYTIME! So maybe it’s stupid, but whatever! People like what they like! Like the weirdo at American that loved wind! I don’t judge, but I can make wind everyday!
Not stupid at all! Dude, there is nothing like a blanket of white covering everything as far as the eye can see. I hate brown ground in the Winter--and pine trees. Too damn many of them this far south.?

You're still relatively new to the north. Give it a few more years and you'll be ready to move south again.

No kink shaming here. We like what we like

My first daughter was born on the 6th. Had to get her grandma to go get groceries before it started. Let me tell you that first “well visit “ after she was born was interesting as a new parent. Snow still on the bridges in Birmingham, I was a nervous wreck.

The NWS has highs for Houston, TX on Monday/Tuesday as being 36/38, my location has highs from this same "front" as 49/46 Tuesday/Wednesday. It's amazing that we've reached the point of where locations in semi tropical climates on the Gulf Coast can get colder than Central Georgia. However, that's sadly been a fact of life at times for the past decade.

The NWS has highs for Houston, TX on Monday/Tuesday as being 36/38, my location has highs from this same "front" as 49/46 Tuesday/Wednesday. It's amazing that we've reached the point of where locations in semi tropical climates on the Gulf Coast can get colder than Central Georgia. However, that's sadly been a fact of life at times for the past decade.
Only 31 and 32 at KIAD. Not exactly cold imo. 20s in Winchester. Teens for highs above 3k.

Dang, its going to be colder in Dallas than Northern Virginia ?
Yeah, the high in Dallas is going to be 27 on Monday. The models today have suggested that GA might actually be colder with the secondary front that looks to slide through at the end of next week, but we all know how that tends to go for points east of the Appalachians lately from a verification standpoint.

Reactions: WSW
Back