• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Winter Storm Dec 7-10

nam.gif
I'm dying over here

nam.gif
I'm dying over here
Might have to deal with 2 separate chances for wintry precipitation at this rate. Also looks to snow in Charlotte as well and some flakes are probably mixing in across other portions of central NC and upstate SC on Thu before the main event arrives. Would be a nice and pleasant surprise to get a 2 for 1 deal out of this

Interesting that precipitation is actually associated with that first wave of low pressure on Thu, would certainly count that as bonus snow
FFC added that to our forecast this morning. There may be a few good flakes that fly here before the main event. Plus, seeing its only around a day or so out I can trust it a bit more.

I believe this will end coming a little further North with time but if it consolidates too much, we have to really worry about temps coming up some too with an inevitable warm nose for most

This storm on Thursday pushing precipitation and melting hydrometeors across parts of the SE US is good news for the next system because it pushes the temperatures at the surface back several degrees and without much large scale advection, etc this also gets us to a colder starting point for the next frontal wave on Friday so we have to do less work in the low mid levels to get us to freezing and push the isothermal melting layer to the ground. Hopefully this Thu system continues to trend stronger with more intense precip

FFC added that to our forecast this morning. There may be a few good flakes that fly here before the main event. Plus, seeing its only around a day or so out I can trust it a bit more.
What main event? FFC gives most of the area a 20-30% chance of light snow/rain showers.. :\

Back