• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Winter Storm Dec 7-10

I have spent the past hour reading through the thread, as I've been focused on other things because, heck, it's Dec. 5.

I am wary about investing heavily in the NAM this far out, but honestly, we're not "that" far out now if we're looking at Friday.

I saw the Burns post re: GFS (saw a few others on Twitter mention the wonky data with that model, too). Really curious what the Euro shows later this evening.

If I see flakes flying at my house on the second Friday of December, that is a win in my book. Thanks for the great conversation. Maybe we have something here as an early kickoff to winter!

--30--

Might have to deal with 2 separate chances for wintry precipitation at this rate. Also looks to snow in Charlotte as well and some flakes are probably mixing in across other portions of central NC and upstate SC on Thu before the main event arrives. Would be a nice and pleasant surprise to get a 2 for 1 deal out of this

That would be insane for this time of year, even if it doesn't accumulate.

Nam finally moving hr 57. Get ready its gonna be good, if North movement continues

In terms of the GFS problems: They're literally only problems with the snowfall accumulation maps (mainly beyond d10)... It's no big deal and not impacting qpf or anyhting like that.

Yo Atliens:
namconus_ref_frzn_us_33.png

Back