• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Winter Storm Dec 7-10

The GFS has been slowing significantly the past 5 runs, looking more & more like the Euro wrt timing only as we've continued approached verification. It's probably important for NC that this trend continues and timing of the heaviest precipitation is pushed back til morning
View attachment 1868
Slowing down is good right? Gives colder air to filter in good. I also notice gfs has the low further south than rest of models. Heck Euro low is much further north than gfs.

What is going on here????

Tropical Tidbit model output
nam_mslp_pcpn_frzn_us_28.png

Pivotal Weather Model Output at 84
refcmp_ptype.conus.png
Well, that's composite reflectivity, the prediction of what it would be like on radar at the time. I still believe the moisture is going to be further north (10-20 miles north) than what the GFS and 18z NAM are projecting.

I want to. Are you? Ella Dorsey <3 on CBS said this is the hardest call she’s ever had to make. And showed all models and the euro had us staying snow for a while
I'm not throwing in the towel yet.. but i'm gonna start closely considering it if we get totally within 60 hours and still don't have anything shown on any major model

I haven’t been able to keep up with anything today, but I feel good in Central Alabama. Models are slowly trending north with precip and these are the type of events we usually score with.

Short range models will start showing for us soon, thats when they make the gfs look bad "Most" cases. Gfs doesn't do good at short range, is what i was told lol.

I want to. Are you? Ella Dorsey <3 on CBS said this is the hardest call she’s ever had to make. And showed all models and the euro had us staying snow for a while

Love whoever hires the CBS 46 female Mets...Valdez & Dorsey are some nice lookin’ weather babes.

But to @bouncycorn, nah, too early to toss the towel for me. Still got model data to chew on tonight & tomorrow.

Last edited:
Back