• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Winter Storm Dec 7-10

Looking great so far!! Bout time GFS picked it back up!

gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_seus_11.png

Other models still looks good as of now. Remember this the 18z feeding off old data with not really any new information. Come back oz and see changed either way

The GFS is several hours faster with the timing of the precipitation than the Euro. Having it start in earnest the middle of the afternoon on the GFS vs the late evening and overnight hours over much of central NC like what's shown on the ECMWF, gives enough of an edge to places southeast of the Triad like RDU to get snow thru latent heat absorption by melting in the low-mid levels
gfs_ptype_thick_nc_13.png
ecmwf_pr6_slp_T_nc_14.png

My area is alreay calling for .5 snow, there trying to be real here LOL.

The GFS has been slowing significantly the past 5 runs, looking more & more like the Euro wrt timing only as we've continued approached verification. It's probably important for NC that this trend continues and timing of the heaviest precipitation is pushed back til morning
Unknown.gif

Spann just posted his latest blog- calling for a shot of light snow per Euro basically along and south I-59 till about Montgomery & points north and east to Atlanta.

Doesn’t expect much in the way of accumulation.
Its funny because my area has showing good snow with the models. Location, SW Al.

Back