• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Winter Storm Dec 7-10

What is going on here????

Tropical Tidbit model output
nam_mslp_pcpn_frzn_us_28.png

Pivotal Weather Model Output at 84
refcmp_ptype.conus.png

Either TT is underestimating the moisture or PW is overdoing it.

I mean these model sites should be deriving from same source right I would believe, it's a lil bit like that back on 12z run not but like this they fit much better TT and Pivotal in the 12z run

At this point, we don't know for sure what's going to occur. Once we get into the window of 12-48 hours prior of the time period, then we'll know. Days ago, I said if something is going to give, it's going to give at a unexpected "snap" and that's what may end up happening.

I guess it's just extremely weird

Yes it is per Pivotal... that's extremely weird to see TT and Pivotal showing different outputs like that
That is very strange looks like an algorithm issue with one of the sites.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Tropical is showing precip reaching the ground. Pivot is showing composite which shows all levels of precip scans. Sounding inspection shows for places like north ATL, the precip is virga at this moment in time per this NAM run.

What is going on here????

Tropical Tidbit model output
nam_mslp_pcpn_frzn_us_28.png

Pivotal Weather Model Output at 84
refcmp_ptype.conus.png

Tropical is showing precip reaching the ground. Pivot is showing composite which shows all levels of precip scans. Sounding inspection shows for places like north ATL, the precip is virga at this moment in time per this NAM run.
I was wondering about that. I checked my area and the sounding showed a sharp dry slot in the mid levels, but otherwise was humid all above it.

Hey Moto. Good to see you on here! Do you expect the precip to ramp up the closer we get?

I do expect things to tick up a bit. But I don't buy the NAM at all...yet... because is by far and away the worst of the guidance beyond 24 hours. I think I've only seen it lead once is sniffing out increased amplification.
Yeah it's really bad usually when a few days out. At least the Euro is giving us something. I would be surprised if it's more than a dusting at this point.

Back