• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Winter Storm Dec 7-10

Gonna be pretty bummed if Columbus and Macon see flakes and I don't lol

Reminds me of December 09 when Hattiesburg got 4 inches of snow I think and 100 miles NE got nothing.
It's sad to look at models showing southern or coastal areas getting more but the trend is almost always NW

For you GA folks, 13/20 GEFS members now show some sort of snow event in GA mainland (excluding extreme nga mountains). This variable has been increasing as well as the number of members showing at least 2". (which is 6/20)

Can you post?

Token sleet pellets and flurries all the way down to Columbus & Macon GA by 114 on this Euro run. Everything slowed down again
View attachment 1762

NZ621VC.gif

Euro brings Birmingham and Atlanta some snow flurries w/ the clipper directly underneath the upper level low. Falls apart on this run before getting into SC and central NC

ecmwf_ptype_nc_25.png

Any glaring, general differences between those that show more snow vs. those who don't? E.g. Temps, speed of system, precip shield, etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rah NWS excited about our chances.... Not

Pattern recognition strongly suggests that the more robust the moisture influx into the region (the warmer aloft it will get), and conversely the less robust the moisture influx, the cooler it will be. Bottom line, this appears to be a real no win situation for snow lovers with the supply of cold dry air just not there, and the stronger the influx of WAA to generate precipitation this far north means a warmer mid level forecast - if the models get wetter they will get warmer. The best chance of any snow showers may come at the tail end of the system, as the cold air chases the moisture (but this rarely brings measurable snow for us). This would be Friday if it occurs

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Back