• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Winter Storm Dec 7-10

Good lord that run was close to having a coastal bomb

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Time to break out the chaps!

Just to hype this a little more
53dd171aa8c1aef266b4ffef7886497a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Look at that back foot clipper action!!

The latest GFS literally cuts my house off with predominantly rain and 2 miles away 2-3 inches +. in Lexington. Hehe. CAE gets the shaft too. Still, I'd like to see the UKMET / Euro get going with the idea for this area at least.

The latest GFS literally cuts my house off with predominantly rain and 2 miles away 2-3 inches +. in Lexington. Hehe. CAE gets the shaft too. Still, I'd like to see the UKMET / Euro get going with the idea for this area at least.

Yep. It sucks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GFS snow depth at the end of the storm, we lose 1-2" to melting from the ground plus this doesnt factor in the ratios & assumes they'll be 10:1, in all likelihood they'll be closer to 8:1 w/ surface temps at or above freezing and a very deep saturated layer aloft, so you can probably knock these totals down again about 25%. A few inches of snow at this time of the year is fine by me
gfs_snow_depth_raleigh_23.png

Gonna be pretty bummed if Columbus and Macon see flakes and I don't lol

Reminds me of December 09 when Hattiesburg got 4 inches of snow I think and 100 miles NE got nothing.

Back