• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Winter Storm Dec 7-10

I'm holding on for dear life. The euro was a little different for us. First time I've seen it start with a front end hit to rain

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
I saw that, has at least a mix tomorrow afternoon then changing to rain.... that's gonna be painful to watch. I'm riding the Brick positivity train now I just want to see snow fall...

I do think that of areas go to snow early tomorrow they might not go back to rain. Unless the nam is right with the mega torch

I am having a hard time dismissing the NAM's thermal profiles after the debacle this past January. It was less marginal than this situation is and looked a lot snowier, and the warm layer just killed us. Even less than 24 hours out, the globals and their ensembles were supportive of snow. It rained a lot!

Feeling like we have a consensus on the general area after seeing the runs today. No way we accumulate at the levels we see on the pure outputs, but some heavy rates can overcome the warmth and likely will in random scattered spots.

Now how much warm air works its way north ... going to be OBS to our west and looking at radar and temp time soon.

Be well all! Thanks for the info and perspective.

—30–

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Someday we will have a storm come through and give a measurable and substantial snow board wide. This is not that storm so keep your expectations in check. If you see flakes count it as a win, ground coating to 1-2"would be a home run. Also time to turn out attention away from the globals and watch the nowcast models like the Rap, HRRR and the SREF

I think we learned from last year along with the myriad of posts above that those numbers are enormously out of proportion to reality. Based on expected temps and the ever approaching warm nose, I just don’t see how ATL gets much more than a mix with no accumulation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am having a hard time dismissing the NAM's thermal profiles after the debacle this past January. It was less marginal than this situation is and looked a lot snowier, and the warm layer just killed us. Even less than 24 hours out, the globals and their ensembles were supportive of snow. It rained a lot!
Hey the 3k nam brings some snow through Saturday afternoon. Give me a few hours of snow when I'm not at work it's a win. I just don't want to get blanked here, i worry this is it for us

Euro totals up.
ecmwf_snow_dep_se_42.png
Wow northwest trend @KCHA yay

If any WWA is issued for the FFC CWA, we may find out as soon as 3pm today according to this update.
FXUS62 KFFC 071816
AFDFFC

Area Forecast Discussion
National Weather Service Peachtree City GA
116 PM EST Thu Dec 7 2017

.UPDATE...
Updated for the 18Z Aviation Discussion.

In the near term, forecast is on track with the next wave of
moisture moving into the region later this afternoon/evening. We
are working now to fine-tune the wintry precipitation timing and
location. Expect the next update to come out between 3pm-4pm.

http://forecast.weather.gov/product...FC&product=AFD&format=CI&version=1&glossary=1

Back